Skip to main content
Answered

sonos app

• 28 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I keep having problems with my sonos app. At least 3 or 4 times a month it will not connect to my speakers. I am using play 1 and play 3 speakers.  The app says unable to connect to sonos. If you go through the trouble shooting it tells you to turn off router and and speakers and start again with set up. But this means resetting all Wi-Fi passwords on other devices as well. It is not just one phone not working with sonos but two phones and two iPads. Surely you shouldn’t have to keep resetting speakers and router 2 to 3 times a month. The sonos app is the only one on my phone or iPads that doesn’t work properly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Why would you need to reset the SSID and password when you power cycle any of these devices? No need at all to change the name of your Wi-Fi or password, just a simple unplug, wait 2 minutes, the plug back in. 

One of the main things this process should be fixing is potential duplicate IP addresses handed out in error by your router. If it fixes the issue (and based on your post, I’d bet it will), you should be reading your router’s manual on how to reserve IP addresses, and do so at least for your Sonos devices.