Skip to main content
Question

Software quality

• 10 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Glad (in a way) that’s it’s not just me finding current and previous Sonos software versions are horrendously poor.  Is there any QA performed? Does anyone have a plan with where the software is heading? Does anyone there even give a crap any more?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Glad (in a way) that’s it’s not just me finding current and previous Sonos software versions are horrendously poor.  Is there any QA performed? Does anyone have a plan with where the software is heading? Does anyone there even give a crap any more?

You mean a release schedule like the one Sonos has issued and updated over the last several releases? 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Sure, there’s the plan above, if we can believe it.  But since they misled us completely about this update, it’s hard to take that plan with more than a grain of salt.  And there are things missing that aren’t even on that list.  And a few where they have bumped out the dates already.  If, in a few months or so, we end up with an app and system that has complete parity with the old one, I’ll be surprised.  My guess is we’ll end up with less.  And perhaps even less over time. Search will be less than it was, and we have seen that coming for a while as a “preview”.  Seems like they are no longer interested in being the Sonos many of us bought into.

I’ll believe what I see when they get it done and remain skeptical.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

No yeah, this update is awful and it’s not a secret.

Sonos is led by awful people. They do this all the time. Good speakers, absolutely boneheaded leadership. I’m done buying Sonos speakers out of spite.

Badge

I wouldn't call them bone head mate!!! No I think the right word would be complete an utter *

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

As people say, the hardware is great but software is going backwards….