simple problems that sonos should fix but doesnt; why?

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

On such premium priced pieces of equipment it feels neglectful that Sonos doesn’t get its s*** together on the controller app and make it so we don’t have to play stupid games to access the Sonos playlists we’ve created as well as making it so the controls consistently show on my Lock Screen. Both are issues I’ve put time into understanding and trying to find work arounds for, both only work somewhere around 15-20% of the time This has been ongoing since I started using Sonos in 2015 which is absolutely obnoxious since I doubt either fix requires more than a little time from any of their average computer coders. 

I know “adding a new song” to a Sonos playlist will make them reappear but, c’mon SONOS, is that really acceptable to yall?? 
I mean I’ve been singing you guys praises to everyone whenever talking about your equipment and prob got around $2k in your gear and you can’t even fix simple stuff to make our experience more enjoyable and seamless? Please do better 

ps. You could always lower your prices because if I didn’t pay a lot I wouldn’t have as many expectations 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

2 replies

I’ve read your post 4 times, and I still don’t understand what your issue is with playlists.  Could you maybe edit out the extraneous ranting and insults; and actually spell out the problem in plain English?

As to the lock screen controls, they were removed upon orders from Apple, due to Sonos being a 3rd party hardware streamer and Apple doesn’t let their hard buttons be assigned to 3rd party hardware streamers.  Sonos had been using a hack to trick iOS into thinking the Sonos app was doing the streaming streaming, but Apple cracked down on that hack. So your beef is with Apple. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

… as well as making it so the controls consistently show on my Lock Screen. Both are issues I’ve put time into understanding and trying to find work arounds for, both only work somewhere around 15-20% of the time 

How are you getting the Lock Screen controls to work at all, even if only for 15-20% of the time? Sonos removed the feature when Apple required them to do so; it’s not worked at all on my system since then.