Skip to main content

Approximately once a day, the app prompts me to sign in.
With the old apps/controllers, I stayed signed in for 15 years... Am I missing something?

Same with me and third party services also not working since latest poor update. Volume control keeps dropping from connected speakers which appeared to be fixed in the previous attempted fix. Do Sonos actually do any testing or QA before a new version is released?

Yep. Happening to me too. Both my iPhone and iPad. Just annoying. 

Same here, tried resetting the app.  Will see how we go.

Hi @Bbr92, @Northfarm & @Willyeckerslike 

Thanks for informing us that you are seeing this issue. However, in order for us to investigate, we will need to see diagnostics from those systems affected.

Please submit a support diagnostic after recreating the issue and let me know here when you have done so. If we don’t get diagnostics, we can’t even start looking into this for you all.

Hi Corry P,

Ive submitted the report.  I had to sign in again to do it.  This is on my iPad.  My android phone stays logged in.

*Moderator Note: Removed diagnostic number*

Same issue for me and only on my iPad (iPhone does not have this problem). I am so frustrated that I finally googled this issue and found this post … sigh

Hi @Willyeckerslike 

Thank you for the diagnostics - I actually had a senior engineer reach out out me last night asking if there were any diagnostics for this issue, so I am glad to say that I have forwarded yours directly to him and that should get the ball rolling rather nicely!

Thanks again!

To everyone else: more diagnostics will help!

There’s definitely something odd going on. Went to use the app last night, it prompted for a login which I ignored as I was using my local library. (So had the message login as system owner to see this content on the recently played section.) Left app open on phone overnight, thought I’d login now to submit a diagnostic, and after restarting, no login prompt and the recently played content came straight up… 

Submitted a diagnostic not sure it’ll show much. 

Hi @Ian_S 

Submitted a diagnostic not sure it’ll show much. 

Thanks! The logs will probably show something from the night before. Thanks for the diagnostics - I’ll forward them too.

Hi @Bbr92@Northfarm & @Willyeckerslike 

Thanks for informing us that you are seeing this issue. However, in order for us to investigate, we will need to see diagnostics from those systems affected.

Please submit a support diagnostic after recreating the issue and let me know here when you have done so. If we don’t get diagnostics, we can’t even start looking into this for you all.

Thanks @Corry P for you help with this issue. Touch wood, but still no more login requests to see “recently played” list since resetting the app on my iPhone.
Will certainly submit a diagnostic and report back if it occurs again...
Ross.

@Corry P . Just happened again on my iPhone (It asked to log in instead of showing the “Recently Played” list.
As requested I have submitted a diagnostic then logged in and then submitted another diagnostic.
Ross.

Same here !

Since I reset the app on both my iPhone and iPad yesterday I’ve not been prompted to login. Too early to say it’s fixed the problem, but so far a definite improvement. 

Was every day until reset but now asked to sign in again. 

I hope you supplied a diagnostic report, as @Corry P requested.

I am not * using another second on this issue with support on chat or phone. I have had enough of this BS with the app. Why can’t I send just my diagnostic number in and you look at it on your side. My WiFi and other settings are f spanking good. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

The request from @Corry P was to submit a diagnostic, not to call or otherwise contact support. I’m not quite sure I understand where this venom comes from. Sonos has stated they’re looking in to it, and need concrete examples. 

It happened to me on my iPad again, and I ran a Diagnostics. I have the number saved if you would like it (I don’t have a separate support case logged for this).

I think Sonos folks can look up diagnostics based on your forum account, assuming you used the same email for both your forum account and your Sonos system account. I have noticed over the last several months that they’ve been removing the numbers from forum posts. I’m not sure I understand why, us unwashed masses have no way of accessing that data. Or at least that I’m aware of. I don’t even know where that data is stored!

The request from @Corry P was to submit a diagnostic, not to call or otherwise contact support. I’m not quite sure I understand where this venom comes from. Sonos has stated they’re looking in to it, and need concrete examples. 

The venom comes from having incompetent app developers or managers/ceo that push unfinished app to the world. I don’t want to be troubleshooting, logging in almost daily, resetting and adding all components again. I have used too much time on these. Totally fed up, sry. 

I think Sonos folks can look up diagnostics based on your forum account, assuming you used the same email for both your forum account and your Sonos system account. I have noticed over the last several months that they’ve been removing the numbers from forum posts. I’m not sure I understand why, us unwashed masses have no way of accessing that data. Or at least that I’m aware of. I don’t even know where that data is stored!

Exactly, just publish here and support looks at it. 

Hi

Thanks to @PHyde, @timbracken & @rosswells127 for summitting diagnostics - I have forwarded them for investigation.

Hi @Willyeckerslike 

Thank you for the diagnostics - I actually had a senior engineer reach out out me last night asking if there were any diagnostics for this issue, so I am glad to say that I have forwarded yours directly to him and that should get the ball rolling rather nicely!

Thanks again!

To everyone else: more diagnostics will help!

@Corry P Another occurrence of login request issue rather than showing Recently Played list. I sent another diagnostic just in case it helps.
FYI. This time I didn’t login to resolve the issue, I just exited the app and went straight back in again and this time it showed my Recently Played list as expected.

Ross.

It just happened now on my iPhone (previously was just on iPad). I just now submitted the diagnostics if you want to have a look.

It's happening to me, only less frequently than for some others. About once every four days on my iPad, including a half hour ago. Didn't submit a diagnostics report because I just discovered this discussion now, as I searched for a resolution to yet another annoying Sonos problem. I will try to submit a diagnostics report next time.

Hi All

My thanks to those who have submitted diagnostics already. We now have enough to work on - more are no longer required, but thank you nonetheless.