Answered

S1 music library not updated after Catalina update

• 14 December 2020
  • 8 replies

As many other the music library on my Mac/S1 is not updating with Cataline. I have unplucked, restarted, remove and added new path but no update available to the music library. Did anyone find a solution to this? 

Or is their no solution other than the Air play via Apple TV? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 December 2020, 22:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No limit in Music - my tracks are lower in numbers than previous - about 3,000. Probably ran into the Galaxy update issue. Future solve could be to switch to Apple Music which I intend to.

Something in the tracks tags/metadata perhaps? - or some kind of DRM issue are the only things that immediately springs to mind, or perhaps you’ve reached some kind of limit?

And also copied the “iTunes Music Library.xlm” to the library folder which is sometimes required

Yes - of course :-)

It only worked to updated the existing library - when I add a new track to Musik - and update Sonos - the new tracks are not there? 

Anyone who knows the solution to this? 

Have you updated your library index? See ‘Settings/System/Music Library’ update music index within the Sonos App.

It only worked to updated the existing library - when I add a new track to Musik - and update Sonos - the new tracks are not there? 

Anyone who knows the solution to this? 

Thanks a lot - it worked :-)

Perhaps see if the things mentioned in this earlier thread resolves the issue for you: