S1 app Amazon only showing 5 artists as of this morning. Why and how do I resolve it?

Last night, June 7th 2023 approx 8 pm Mountain time in the US, I was able to browse my Amazon Music that I purchased and have been listening to through Sonos for a decade.

This morning it only shows the first 5 artists…….Why and how do I fix this?

Without my music library I just lost 50% of the use of my Sonos…...is this being addressed or is there a work around that I’m not aware of? This is making me very upset that over 4k songs are just…….gone all of a sudden

Corry P 10 months ago

Hi @Benjamin_10 et al

We now consider this issue to be resolved. If you still experience this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

It seems to be a recent widespread issue:

I’m sure Sonos/Amazon is probably aware of the issue by now and will hopefully address it soon.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll have to find a workaround somehow

If you find a workout, please let us know.  I am having the same issue.  On top of which Sonos have removed the ability to play music stored on your Android device, so now i cant access any of my music, rendering my Sonos units pretty much useless.

The first half of your issue is caused by Amazon, which appears to be reporting incomplete data to the Sonos client. The second is caused by Google, who is changing the Android OS in a similar manner that Apple did in August of 2019. 

You’re much more likely to get a ‘fix’ from Amazon, if you’re to contact them directly. To my knowledge, they don’t maintain an official presence in these forums to see all the complaints, and I suspect they don’t pay as much attention to Sonos directly, since there is no financial relationship between the two companies. You, on the other hand, are a paying customer, I suspect Amazon might listen just a little bit more if you were to contact them.

The Google change to the Android OS is much less likely any kind of revocable change. As an iOS user who went through this grief/anger years ago, I’m frankly surprised it’s taken Google so long to do the same thing. Fortunately, Sonos supplied several options in their announcement thread here: 

some of them involve a cost to you, some don’t. None of them benefit Sonos in any way, financially. 

Same issue here with Amazon library. “workaround” - I knew what I wanted to play so I searched for it and then I was able to play it.

5 albums left. BOOO.  We searched (searchbar) for albums we want and that way we can access and play them.  What a nuisance.  The album list of all our music collected over the last decade is gone.

I don’t think it’s gone, it’s just not being sent to Sonos by Amazon at this moment. I suspect that hopefully within the next week or two, Amazon will fix their bug, and it will start showing up again. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Let hope this gets sorted soon 🤞

If you find a workout, please let us know.  I am having the same issue.  On top of which Sonos have removed the ability to play music stored on your Android device, so now i cant access any of my music, rendering my Sonos units pretty much useless.

Interesting, my Samsung s10 still allows me to play what's on my SD card but artist show in random order which is insanely frustrating and inconvenient. I had to setup a NAS and point Sonos at it to see all my music in alphabetical order. I feel like everything is coming with extra costs that weren't there during the initial selling point all of a sudden 

I do have older speakers so I can always just leave the Sonos ecosystem if things keep going the way they are especially with the absolute horrible reviews for the new Eras

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Benjamin_10 et al

We now consider this issue to be resolved. If you still experience this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.