Skip to main content
Answered

Room lost from S2 on single device (two other devices still have room)

• 31 January 2023
  • 2 replies

In the S2 app on my iOS device (which has had no recent OS or app updates) my main room, with Beam Gen2 and two One SLs as surrounds, has disappeared. My other room is working fine.

On both my work iOS device and wife’s Android device I can see the room and play music through it, likewise it is working fine as soundbar for my TV. I found older posts saying lost rooms could be WiFi/router related but that doesn’t make sense given that other devices are fine.

I powered off the Beam and it showed up in the app as disconnected, so I would have to reset everything to get it added again. I can do this if absolutely necessary but it seems weird when I have two other devices which can see the room fine.

I have rebooted my phone and deleted and reinstalled the app and it made no difference.

Has anyone had similar experiences or have any advice other than to reconfigure? I’m happy to keep this broken for a while if it helps with troubleshooting as it’s still working fine with other devices.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’d still bet on a network issue: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Thanks - it looks like you’re right.

I’ve got a BT Smart Hub 2 and the IP addresses seem to keep changing, but I noticed at one point that the Beam and one of the surrounds shared an IP. It doesn’t seem to be possible to either set a static IP or assign an IP in the admin interface, although both appear to be an option in the GUI. You can set both but nothing happens and it goes back to the previous setting - from reading around it appears to be a bug which is brilliant...

After fiddling about and attempting and failing to set static IPs, I rebooted the router and the two surrounds and got them both working, but I'm not very confident it’s going to stay working :(