Skip to main content

Have read a lot of info on here over past months re; this utter disaster of a roll out...must say, what a complete *-show from Sonos. 

I am still able to use (& enjoy) my Sonos speakers for now, as I haven’t yet upgraded the android app to the new version, but expect at some point I’ll need to. Currently using an old WD MyCloud (NAS) which uses SMB v1, and according to WD, it’s doesn’t support SMB v2/v3.

So, in short, my question is this:

Once/if this new version of the app ever gets fixed, and what may be referred to as ‘normal Sonos functionality’ returns, is it the case that I will need to go out and spend more money to replace my current NAS with a new one which supports SMB 2/3, in order to play my music from my music-library on my Sonos speakers?

Thanks for reading. 👍

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

You will need a NAS from the last decade, yes, or you can just upload all your stuff to ibroadcast.com and use that on your Sonos devices.

You will need a NAS from the last decade, yes, or you can just upload all your stuff to ibroadcast.com and use that on your Sonos devices.

Well my NAS (WD MyCloud) is ‘from the last decade’ (2016), so not sure what you mean there?

As I’ve never had the need to look elsewhere for anything other than the Sonos app to play my music on my Sonos system, until this recent debacle of course, I’ve not heard of ibroadcast, so will look into that. Thanks for the reply.