Reauthorize Apple Music requires Sonos software update to 15.6

• 25 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I wanted to play Apple Music via Sonos, the Sonos App said I needed to reauthorize, OK, I’m happy with that.

BUT Sonos App said before I could reauthorize I *MUST* upgrade Sonos system?

I was running S2 15.5 (last months release), and was forced to upgrade to 15.6 (release today) before it would allow Apple Music to reauthorize?

Is this a new requirement, to reauthorize Apple Music you must be running latest software?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

This update is * . Have to do a hard reset of all my speakers and reauthorize all music services? And rebuild my favorites! WTF Sonos!? Screw you and I hope your business turns to *! 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You always need to be running the latest version to add a music service, or do most other admin-level changes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Just to clarify, Apple Music service was already added many months ago, I was prompted to re-authorise to continue using the service. I was prompted to upgrade to 15.6 before I could re-authorise. I wasn’t aware, until now, that to reauthorise you must upgrade to latest version, even if the latest version has been released just minutes before. I tend not to upgrade on the day of release.