Skip to main content
Answered

Ray and One(2nd gen ) not adding as a group

• 18 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi , 

I bought a Ray so I could group music in my tv room and my kitchen but I seem to be having issues .

In the system screen - I only ever see on device - If kitchen is there ray isnt . Both devices are contronllable by the App but only if the other is turned off .

Am I missing something ?

I have tried to use the Play button on the devices but this doesnt help group them 

All help welcome 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You may have possibly setup two different Sonos Households/Systems on the same subnet - best way to resolve it is to ‘forget’ one system (your choice) - see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/forget-a-system-from-the-sonos-app

Then factory reset the forgotten Sonos product(s) and add them to the system you wish to keep. Best way to add the ‘reset’ product(s) is by using the ‘Add Product’ option in ‘Settings/System’, whilst having the non-reset products(s) showing in your Sonos App.

You set them up as 2 systems.  Choose the one you wish to be the system (whichever has the settings the way you wish).  Factory reset the other device.  Then start the controller and choose to add a new product.