Answered

problem connecting my Apple Music to Sonos One system

• 10 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Newly purchased two Sonos One’s. Set up was fine. But I can’t get the app to link to my iTunes library. Goes to link the. I keep getting this message. Any help would be gratefully received. I added BBC Sounds app with no problems at all.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct - email removed.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 December 2022, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Assuming your iDevice meets these requirements…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Maybe try this, goto the iDevice main settings and log-out of ‘Media & Purchases’ in your account area and log back in again and check your Apple Music App is working okay on the device - if not, remove and reinstall the Music App and then when working, try the AM music service setup again in the Sonos App.

Hope that works for you 

Many thanks Ken. Will try that. 

Sorry Ken. Didn’t work. Same message still popping up on device 

Hmm.. is the Apple Music App working okay for you - did you try reinstalling that App - if so also try a reset of the Sonos App in ‘Settings/App Preference’. The App will close just slide it off screen and on reopening go past the opening screens and accept the T&C’s etc and if prompted let it connect back to the existing Sonos System, although it may discover your system anyway and then try again.

The only other thing I can think of if that doesn’t work is to check your Country Settings in your Sonos proflle online by going here…

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

Just make sure it’s correct and if that still fails, then within 20 minutes of trying/failing to connect the AM service in the Sonos App, submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the App. Make a note of the reference generated, and when practicable, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to resolve the matter.

Hope that assists.

Might be worth deleting that image, since it contains your email address…

many thanks Ken. I’ve been travelling last few days. But will have another bash when I get home.

Good point Airgetlam. I didn’t spot the screenshot had my address. But the moderator seems to have picked it up in my absense and deleted it for me.

cheers

I figured it out!  You have to be fully subscribed to Apple Music and not just iTunes. So I’ve subscribed and all is good and working a treat 😊👍 many thanks again for your help