Skip to main content
Answered

No Dolby Atmos with Arc + Sub Mini from Amazon Music via Sonos S2 app

• 4 August 2023
  • 3 replies

So, I have an Arc, Sub Mini (and two Era 200s). I can't get the Sonos app to show the Atmos indicator from the Sonos app. I'm playing tracks that already to be Atmos from Amazon Music or Tidal.

I reduced the surrounds to just leave the Arc and Sub Mini and it's the same.

Do I need to remove the Sub as well?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription? Are you playing the music directly from the Sonos app? When you play the song “King Ghost” by Steven Wilson from Amazon Music directly from the Sonos app, does the Dolby Atmos logo appear on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app?

FYI… Dolby Atmos music isn’t supported on TIDAL from the Sonos app.

Thanks. I don't have Amazon Unlimited. Yes, playing direct from the Sonos app.

Joined Amazon Unlimited so that I could see the King Ghost song that you referenced. I don't see the logo though when I play it.

It's the Tangerine Dream Mix, is this correct? It's the only version that I see though...

Ok, found the correct version via the Amazon Music app and added it to a playlist. Now found the playlist in the Sonos app and I can now see the Atmos logo!