Question

NEW SONOS APP - "SOMETHING WENT WRONG"

Userlevel 1

Under the incredibly bad Youtube Content Service - I used to have a saved Artist “Die drei ???? Kids” which contained short stories for my kids.

After upgrading to the new Sonos App, the artist still comes up and all the “albums” but when I click on an album to listen to, it just shows the message "SOMETHING WENT WRONG". This is for ~90% of the listings.

At the Youtube Music > Artist > list stage, I see all the “albums” but only the ones with a secondary artist listed [in addition to Die drei ???? Kids], will play.   

11 replies

I am having the same glitch and can find no help. Grrr ..

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Last night I kept having this error when trying to use Apple Music. It wasn’t an Authentication issue as it was intermittent. 

Even when does work, it’s an absolute masterclass in bad UI design. I was going to invest in new Sonos gear, but now I might sell up. Sonos used to be slick, reliable and great to use. Now it’s the opposite. Sonos has lost the plot. 

Userlevel 2

I keep getting the something went wrong message when navigating around.

Having read the official Sonos response to the new app fails, I get they want to redesign from the base up for future development. BUT why release it when it’s clearly not ready and anger so many Sonos users. The knew features users are used to would not be on the first release. Why release it ? 

Immature software. I have the same problems. The last third (approx.) of a playlist is not played. There are also no buttons to skip a track. Greetings from Microsoft. Other companies have good devices too. I'll take a look around...

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Immature software. I have the same problems. The last third (approx.) of a playlist is not played. There are also no buttons to skip a track. Greetings from Microsoft. Other companies have good devices too. I'll take a look around...

Very immature. TruePlay is broken and just also found that I can’t set a distance for the surrounds anymore. Like an early beta. 

Userlevel 1

Sounds like some software testers should be fired.. 

Don’t buy the new Sonos headphones which allegedly will debut next week. You need to be crazy to invest the kind of money Sonos will be asking for the headphones in light of the awful app rollout.

Same problem here. Can anyone help me to solve it ? Cannot play my favourite radios anymore!

The update has broken my playlists. Please roll back to the previous app. The new app is s****. 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Have the same problem with many audio books, die drei ??? Kids, Asterix etc. Very annoying! Sonos needs to repair this!

How can I play these albums?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anyone from Sonos have a solution? I’ve done a hard reboot of my iPhone, deleted and reinstalled the Sonos controller to no avail. That is when I want to change the music I have to go to a laptop or desktop. Not exactly convenient given the app should be doing this. 
Is there a solution / fix on the way for this?