Skip to main content

Apart from the listed problems with music libraries, sleep,alarm, wifi channel options missing and Rova issues, I’ve noticed another, forgetting Sonos systems.

This is when i leave my home system and go to work which we have Sonos, when i opened my app with the old app, this would seamlessly connect to the work system, then when i get home seamlessly connect to my home system and so on. 

Now the new app requires me to ‘join new system’ every time i go to work and come home. It doesn’t remember or seamlessly change between the 2 systems. I also tried this when going to my parents home and brothers who have Sonos. I am on their local networks and the same issue. I have to join their system, then i get home and have to join my system.

Too many bugs on the new app, and Sonos should allow us to download the old app until they sort out all the problems. Im sure once the bugs are ironed out, this new app will be a better experience. I have noticed when it is working, it is quicker on connection when opening the app.

Poor testing by Sonos, i expected better from a brand like this.

We are not ready to throw away out speakers yet but if these concerns listed already by others are not addressed or acknowledged soon we will walk away from sonos. We cannot move from house to house with the new app, we cannot select from our favorites effortlessly, I want access to the old app. So many issues that I do not have time to list. If they do not acknowledge a significant mistake in this update and change things back shortly we are looking to move to bluesound as well. So irresponsible!!!!!  

I am ready to move to a different system if they can’t get this working.  I keep getting emails to upgrade components and am not going to do that.  The old software was seamless…this is bad and unreliable, hard to use.  

There's a further app update coming this week...

I wholeheartedly agree with all the negativity here. The Sonos app has always been a second-rate app  but once you got used to it,the sound made it worthwhile. Now the app is virtually unusable. How was this inferior, bug-ridden pathetic version released  I 'd love to see the test reports! They'd make  Boeing seem like the examplar  for thorough, faultless testing. No more Sonos equipment for me.

I don’t suppose anyone knows how to reinstall the old app on iphone or if that is possible?

Like many others my system is now so unreliable it is all but unusable and the functionality I used all the time has disappeared.

It seems SONOS is ignoring us but just in case please please SONOShelp us all out here, your reputation is going down the pan with every day that passes and people are getting more and more angry. No we don’t want to wait for another half baked update which we all know will in no way address all the problems there are too many. So just admit the mistake, immediately recall this disastrous new app and put the old one back on the app store and we will all be (fairly) happy again. At least do the right thing and send out an apology email to all and explain what action is being taken.

You aren’t getting an apology, the corporate lawyers would never allow it.  So that’s just fantasy.  You also aren’t getting the old app back, Sonos isn’t going to allow rolling back to an app that doesn’t support the new headphones, which it depends on for end of fiscal year sales projections.  As to them explaining what action has been taken, anything like that is pushed off the front page in minutes by the enraged mob who insists on making a new thread for every repetitive complaint they wish to toss out.  But here’s the plan for fixes:

https://en.community.sonos.com/product%2Dupdates/new%2Dsonos%2Dapp%2Dupdate%2D6896801

So it wasn’t fantasy!!! We did at last get a full apology email from the CEO with the recent email sent to everyone. That’s all we wanted.  There was no need to give up hope of Sonos doing the right thing or blame the lawyers or even the users for being angry.

Why would any SONOS customer purchase another SONOS product...ever!

Only a new customer duped into such a stupid move would make that mistake.

i had been seriously looking at the SONOS Ace when this new disaster of an app hit! Went with a high end competitors headphone instead. 

News release from SONOS today, very basic apology and fixes now listed through October...geez, this is beyond ridiculous! Almost 3 months now and my SONOS system is still causing huge headaches and problems.

SONOS never again!!

Sonos is struggling. While the broader stock market has gained around 22% in the last year, Sonos shareholders lost 14%. They. have seen revenue decline 1.8% per year each of the last few years. So they are looking for new sources of revenue. Solution? Restructure the App so that in the near future, they can release two different forms of the App: the free one and the Premium App for which there will be a monthly fee. I have no insider information to confirm this, but as a student of the marketplace, the writing appears to be on the wall. One might ask about the Mission/Vision of Sonos, even the Values of a company that would do this to loyal supporters around the globe. A reasonable question to ask as one ponders the future with this company: Is Sonos (and their leadership) the type of company that would do that? 

This happens  every time and now I can't connect to my network

I just switched to Sonophone for Sonos on the ioS store. best £3.99 ever spent. My wife is addicted to music and now she stopped shouting at me. Coz anything technical is always fixed by shouting, usually at me. 🤣.

Got to add music services on original app. But as a player that responds, finds systems etc, it works. Which is all I want. We run 15 speakers across 3 locations as 3 systems. I just want to arrive, press play and listen. 

I just switched to Sonophone for Sonos on the ioS store. best £3.99 ever spent. My wife is addicted to music and now she stopped shouting at me. Coz anything technical is always fixed by shouting, usually at me. 🤣.

Got to add music services on original app. But as a player that responds, finds systems etc, it works. Which is all I want. We run 15 speakers across 3 locations as 3 systems. I just want to arrive, press play and listen. 

Thank you so much for pointing me to Sonophone!!! I’ve had nothing but insane issues since the new Sonos App came out. I had one soundbar that the app would no longer find so I couldn’t adjust the volume on it. When it would find the speaker it would break it and sound would cut in and out.

I just downloaded this other app and it has fixed all my problems! 

Sonos - you should thank Sonophone app creators, as I was getting ready to head to the store to replace your products before I saw this post from Mark.