Answered

New Amazon Music User. Error Trying To Use Sonos System...More

• 28 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I just switched to Amazon Music from Spotify. When I try to play music to my Beam 1 / Ones setup I get a verbal error message. Music won't play. Music works fine using the Sonos app. Is there a setting I need to update to use AM directly?

Second question: I was told that in order to play Amazon Music in HD or UHD I must use the Sonos app. True? When I play my music using the Sonos app I only see the HD/UHD notation sporadically, even with playlists of all HD/UHD songs. Occasionally I see the notation appear mid-song. Normal?

icon

Best answer by REBob 29 January 2022, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +1

USER ERROR. Spotify had me choosing "Sonos Beam", while Amazon Music wants me to choose "Living Room" (that choice wasn't available in Spotify). All is well.

In the Alexa app, you need to designate Amazon Music as your default music service.

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that's not the answer. Alexa is set properly. After starting a song I briefly see a connection notification, but then the speaker says "Sorry, I'm having trouble playing your music."

Badge +1

Clarification. If I open Amazon Music while playing music from a verbal command it shows "Connected to Sonos Beam". If I then try to manually start a different song from the AM app I get the verbal error message and the previous song continues. I cannot play a song from the AM app to the Sonos system any way but verbally or from the AM playlists I've added to the Sonos app.