Skip to main content
Question

Nach der Update ist mein System verschwunden…

BeinSupport hatte ich auch kein Glück. Zuerst wollte er sagen dass mein Wifi Mesh nicht unterstützt wird, weil er mein (sonos) Boost mit einen nicht unterstützende “extender” verwechselt hat. Jetzt habe ich auf seine Anweisungen alle speaker im gesamten Haus aus und wieder eingeschaltet und jetzt? Nichts. Kein speaker vom gesamten System im app mehr vorhanden.

Also, das Ursprüngliche Problem ist weg, was der Support auf ein Netzwerk Problem andeuten wollte. Mein Fernseher hat wieder Surround sound, die Moves und Schlafzimmer speaker funktionieren. Aber mit die App sind keine zu steuern weill es erkannt kein einziger. Auch wenn ich versuche die zu finden.

Sehr Ärgerlich.

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

I had no luck with support either. First he wanted to say that my WiFi Mesh was not supported because he had confused my (Sonos) Boost with a non-supporting "extender". Now, following his instructions, I have turned all the speakers in the entire house off and on again and now? Nothing. No speakers from the entire system are available in the app anymore.

So, the original problem has gone, which support suggested was a network problem. My TV has surround sound again, the Moves and bedroom speakers work. But the app cannot control any of them because it doesn't recognize a single one. Even when I try to find them.

Very annoying.

11 replies

@Schlumpf 

You may find a better resolution in the German forums:

https://de.community.sonos.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@RacDel

Wie schon empfohlen, entweder mal in der deutschsprachigen Community vorbeischauen oder mal versuchen, die Sonos App zu löschen und neu zu installieren oder die App über ihre Einstellungen zurückzusetzen und wieder mit dem bestehenden System zu verbinden. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry, I was on the German sonos website and so I wrote in German. As it was totally opaque as to what language I should write in. As so much sonos stuff has turned out to be.

My sonos system is failing after the latest update to this crap app. The “support” told me that my Boost is unsupported external hardware (an extender), so it is my fault. I told him that my wireless network Mesh system has nothing to do with sonos failing, he said that it is unsupported. I told him that what system I use for my wifi has nothing to do with my problem. He said “I know more abour sonos that]n you.”  I beg your pardon? I was supposed to unplug the unsupported external extender (Boost) and plug a speaker directly into my router to see if this would help me send a diagnostics report. Of course this didn’t work, which I told him it wouldn’t. I was third line support for a computer company and well versed in tech, why should that be a “solution”? With the new app, they have stuffed my system, the old app was infinitely better.

I was told to turn off every speaker in my house and then turn them on again, I said this would take a while as I have so many. He said “come back to me when you have followed my instructions”. When I came back to the chat he had typed the following “I am leaving the chat as you are not longer responding.” What the actual? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry for the typos. I am so frustrated I can hardly type!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RacDel 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’ve had with your Sonos system, and the disappointing interaction you had with our support team. We’d like to look into this for you, but could not find the case. Please keep an eye out for the Direct Message I am about to send you. Thanks.

Google Translate:

Willkommen in der Sonos-Community!

Es tut mir leid, dass Sie Probleme mit Ihrem Sonos-System hatten und dass Sie mit unserem Support-Team so wenig zufrieden waren. Wir würden uns das gerne für Sie ansehen, konnten den Fall aber nicht finden. Achten Sie bitte auf die Direktnachricht, die ich Ihnen gleich senden werde. Danke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RacDel 

I’m glad we were able to find that case and leave some feedback for the agent you spoke to.

Regarding the issue you’re having with your Sonos system, do you have a Mac or Windows computer? If so, please download the Sonos Desktop Controller from our website and install it. Connect it to your system (assuming you can - please have either Boost or a speaker ethernet-wired to your main router), and if you can get connected, please submit a support diagnostic and let me know here when you have done so (without sharing the given number).

Please note that right now, I can see that the majority of your system is in fact online (connected to our servers), so it seems the only real issue is getting the new app to realise that. When this occasionally happens to me, all I need to do is force-quit the Sonos app and reopen it, and I get connected straight away - please try this too:

How to force quit an app on iPhone, iPad:

1. Swipe up from the bottom of the device. If your device has a home button, double press that instead.
  2. This will bring up a carousel of all the open windows on your device.
  3. Swipe the app you want to close. It will disappear from the carousel.
  4. Reopen the app.
How to force quit an app on Android:

1. Open the Settings app on the Android device.
  2. Scroll the list and tap Apps, Applications or Manage apps.
  3. Scroll the list to find the app to force quit.
  4. Tap FORCE STOP.
  5. OR (optional) On certain devices like Samsung, tap Application Manager (the button to the left of the Home button), then swipe Sonos app up and off screen

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Corry P,

That you can see the system is great news! However, the Boost isn’t seen on the app. I will try to install the app on my mac tomorrow afternoon. And let you know the result. I have forced quit the appa few times and was hoping for an update since the problem started last week, Will we get one?

Thank you for all your trouble / effort, it is much appreciated.

RacDel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RacDel 

Please ignore the fact that you cannot see the Boost in the app - it is not a device that can play music, so it no longer shows up as a room in the way it used to in the old app. It should show up in About Your System, but currently does not - we are aware, and are investigating. It is one of the devices that is currently online, so it is working.

One more thing - if you haven’t tried already, please reset the Sonos app: User icon » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. Re-open the app afterwards and opt to connect to an existing system.

I hope this helps, and you are most welcome!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Corry P,

i did install the app yesterday but that is as far as I got. At the time it didn’t see my whole system and then I had to log off. I will try again after work / at the weekend and see how far I get.

RacDel

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, I got precisely nowhere, as my dinosaur of a computer is being impossible. However, my system has stopped dropping out. No idea how it happened, as I had tried everything and then gave up as I was too busy at work and privately. I have just tested the sound again and it is back to normal. Thank god for that.

Dnd thank you Corry P for all your help, I totally appreciate it.

RacDel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RacDel 

I’m glad to hear things have improved for you - even if unexpectedly! Thanks for updating the thread.

And, you are most welcome!