Answered

Music Library not updating correctly

• 28 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have added an additional album to my music collection and after many updates this is still not showing in my system.

I have less than 3000 tracks in the library so space should not be an issue

I have checked the metadata and this looks to be correct

I am using both Windows 10 and Android 10 for the update process

The music library is stored on a NAS drive and only this album is missing

Are there any error logs generated by the system that I can view that may throw any light on the problem?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ClausN 29 November 2020, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Solved!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I started by creating a new NAS share and only moving a couple of albums and the one that was not working still did not.

So tried re-ripping and used WMA at the lowest bit rate and success.  So yes the issue was the file format, it was WMA Pro.

All restored and working fine.

Is the file in a format supported by Sonos?: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/79?language=en_US

If you look in “Music library” → “Folders”, do you see the album? If so, re-check the metadata.

Hi

Thanks for the updates.  At this stage at least I only have one device, so I have looked at the track index and this is blank meaning I think that the indexing process has been successful or at least completed.  Will this also mean that the index process has not found an error?

I am now not convinced it is indexing at all, tried update library and then refresh of Player Info and the Index field is still blank.

I have checked through and as far as I can see there ate no duplicates.

Do you happen to have 2 albums in your library with identical titles? I once had a similar issue, and dupe titles, with same artist, turned out to cause one of them missing in Sonos.

There is not much of an error log that we can access. You can go to http://[IP address of a player]:1400/support/review. Here you will see a list of players. Click on a player, then open Zone Player Info for the player. About 2/3 of the way down the list is the field IdxTrk that is normally blank after the index is complete. If there is a text string given here, this is the last track being processed when the indexing fails. This will give you a hint about the problem track. You may need to chase through all of the players looking for a non blank entry because you don’t know which player has been executing the library index.

Indexing is done by a player. you can actually shut down the controllers while the indexer is running. You have very little control over the order of processing. Basically, the indexer asks the NAS to return a list of files and the NAS controls the list order. I don’t assume that the NAS will return tracks in the same order on successive runs of the indexer.