Answered

Music library has disappeared

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve been very unhappy with the new app from the start. And now, after a forced update of my Sonos Beam just now, my music library (1,500 cd’s painstakingly converted to ALAC) has completely disappeared. Come on Sonos, are you deliberately trying to alienate your original user base? WTF!

icon

Best answer by JosDec 23 May 2024, 22:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same here, the CEO obviously doesn’t give a shit as he’s hawking new headphones, he stands by an App that a 6 year old could have created and tells us it’s the next best thing since sliced bread. I also bought a lot of sonos hardware on the premise that I could play my music library on it, just bought a new car and I’m really hoping that he doesn’t get a job with Audi as I really value the steering wheel on it and don’t want it removed at a later date!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Music library search and playback should return next month:

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Next month is not good enough, the SONOS speakers were sold as a speaker system wherebye the purchaser could play music in any room in the house from their music library, that facility has been taken away and any trust in the SONOS brand has been broken.

Userlevel 4
Badge

So … the guy who got me into Sonos, and all the guys I got into Sonos (including my now late teenage kids) all think that it’s gone to shit because of this stupid app that should have been withdrawn on day 2. 

We’ve all paid £2.99 for Sonosphone and have no intention of buying any more Sonos products. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

But why was it taken away from us in the first place?

But why was it taken away from us in the first place?

They rushed the release of the app before it is ready because they are releasing headphones that require the app. 

Userlevel 1

Sadly my iOS apps updated themselves overnight last night. And just like that, most of my reasons for using Sonos have vanished. No music library, no custom playlists, alarm settings gone. So about £2k worth of electronic bricks sitting round the house. I did not spend that amount of money to listen streaming apps. I worked in IT for 40 years. Whoever signed off this new app version should consider their position. The word ‘smart’ in front of any device is a contradiction in terms. 

Userlevel 1

I’m in the same boat.  No Music Library.  Evidently it’ll reappear in the mid-June update.  What a botched app release.

Userlevel 1

A lot of hoop jumping on my PC and it has re-appeared but it is much harder to play anything with the app. I don’t want to log on to a desktop every time I want to listen to something. or manage a play list, set up an alarm, or use a sleep timer. Sonos have lost sight of the main function of their kit, and the customer requirements. I am going to look at the non propriety app Sonophone mentioned elsewhere.  

No Sonos library for me either (this on top of the awful new app) - our entire music collection unplayable. Starting to look at alternatives - I have lost trust in Sonos. Something is deeply wrong at this company - what a downfall!

Thanks to those suggesting SonoPhono. It’s $2.99 but it does see my local music library.

And we wait for Sonos to restore the feature I bought their products for in the first place.

Userlevel 1

Still no access to my music library.  I’ve purchased my last Sonos device after a sizable investment. Unbelievable