Answered

Music Library and Mycloud home

• 25 November 2022
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have exactly the same problem as you, and also attempted to fix it by removing and re-adding the music folder in Sonos, to no avail.

I see that my MyCloud Home firmware is version 8.12.0-178, released on 14 Nov 2022 (which tallies with when it probably stopped working for me). The release notes talk about introducing “local network access” using the Samba (SMB) protocol, so I strongly suspect the current issue is something related to this. However, all the suggestions I have found regarding re-enabling SMBv1 don’t appear to apply the MyCloud Home since (as far as I am aware) we don’t have access to those device settings.

I’ll try and get a response from WD support as well, but please let us know if you find a solution. I can’t imagine we’re the only people using a MyCloud Home with Sonos in this way. Maybe we are!

Mines stopped working the Friday morning of that week and funnily enough the mycloud software updated on the Thursday so I am almost sure it's  to do with that 

And like you I can't  find a solution 

Please let me know if you do find one and I will too if I find one 

Thanks 

I have exactly the same problem as you, and also attempted to fix it by removing and re-adding the music folder in Sonos, to no avail.

I see that my MyCloud Home firmware is version 8.12.0-178, released on 14 Nov 2022 (which tallies with when it probably stopped working for me). The release notes talk about introducing “local network access” using the Samba (SMB) protocol, so I strongly suspect the current issue is something related to this. However, all the suggestions I have found regarding re-enabling SMBv1 don’t appear to apply the MyCloud Home since (as far as I am aware) we don’t have access to those device settings.

I’ll try and get a response from WD support as well, but please let us know if you find a solution. I can’t imagine we’re the only people using a MyCloud Home with Sonos in this way. Maybe we are!

Might be worth calling their CS then.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you 

I looked when it happened and could not find anything about it 

Check the manual for your Western Digital. I don’t own that version, and I’m not at home to even check, due to the holiday. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks where do I find those setting 

Been looking for them but not a clue how to get to them 

Western Digital has certainly updated the NAS firmware in the background for me, and in doing so, turned off SMB v1 and NTML v1, without notifying me.

I’d be looking at your NAS to see if Western Digital has done that to you.

Sonos S1 still requires those two settings, which is one reason some people have upgraded to S2, those who had the option. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Are you using S1?

Yes still using S1 as some of my Sonos is old 

No idea why it just stopped seeing the folder on my NAS 

Are you using S1?