Skip to main content
Question

Music Library

My Music Library has disappeared after a recent Sonos update and now I am unable to add it back.  I get an error message saying “Sonos was unable to add the Music Folder”.  I would greatly appreciate any tips on resolving this issue.  Thank you!

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

There’s a new update today that may help. 

Thank you.  I just checked for updates and there are no new updates.  Did you mean there will be an update pushed out later today?  

The latest version of the app :-

80.05.05 (Android)
80.05.03 (iOS)

Now available for download. 

I am trying to add my Music Library via my Sonos Controller for Mac.  I don’t see an option to add it on my phone.

Also, I just checked for updates on my phone and it says my app is up to date, but my version is 80.04.04

Open the controller. Click on the gear icon in the top right side of the screen. Click on ‘manage’ which appears just below it. Click on ‘System Updates’ (you may need to scroll down to see this). Click on ‘Check for updates’. 

This should check for both controller and firmware updates on your system. If you’re just wanting to check for controller updates, you can go to the iOS or Android store directly. 

Note, sometimes Apple and Android stores take extra time to post updates, depending on the region, workload, etc. If your local ‘store’ doesn’t yet have the update, wait an hour or two, and check again. 

Just downloaded newest update July 24 still with error 913. Wtf is going on? Please help

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

The update today did mention the Music Library on iOS.  But, there is nowhere to look or adjust this in the settings, and the MacOS app still cannot add the local Music Library.

So we’re still dealing with a crippled product.

Odd, here’s the screenshot from my iOS app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I rebooted my iPhone (15 Pro, iOS 17) and it the Sonos app keeps crashing now!  LOL

I cannot add My Music Folder to Sonos via the Music Library settings in the MacOS app.  But, I think I managed to get this to work with the network share \\MyMacbookPro\Music -- at least, it finally says it’s indexing. 

Well, it finally crashed and said that folder isn’t available either.

How very disappointing.

I’d double check that you have a ‘clean’ install, i.e. delete the app, reboot the device, then download and reinstall the app, making sure to ‘Connect to existing system’ when presented the option. 

If it continues to crash, I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I am still getting error code 913 today despite both of my apps (iPhone and iMac) being up to date.  Has anyone with this music library issue found a resolution yet?

I am still getting error code 913 today despite both of my apps (iPhone and iMac) being up to date.  Has anyone with this music library issue found a resolution yet?

Delete your existing library and re-add using the new app from yesterday.

I don’t have an existing library to delete in Sonos as it somehow was removed during a recent Sonos update.  That is why I am trying to add it back and when I do I get error code 913.

Also, despite a manual push for an update, the most recent updates I am able to download are16.3 for my iMac Controller and 80.04.04 for my iPhone.

I don’t have an existing library to delete in Sonos as it somehow was removed during a recent Sonos update.  That is why I am trying to add it back and when I do I get error code 913.

Also, despite a manual push for an update, the most recent updates I am able to download are16.3 for my iMac Controller and 80.04.04 for my iPhone.

Sometimes the iOS app gets rolled out at different times to different areas.  You can also follow these instructions on using the Mac app:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Or these instructions specific to the 913 error:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/error-913-when-adding-a-music-library-share

Thank you.  I followed all of these instructions for my iMac and I am still getting an error code.  I also no longer have the Music Library option on my iPhone Sonos app under Manage, so I can’t add it there either.

Thank you.  I followed all of these instructions for my iMac and I am still getting an error code.  I also no longer have the Music Library option on my iPhone Sonos app under Manage, so I can’t add it there either.

Are you sure?  Those instructions have recently changed, specifically they now require you to add a share as if it were an NAS (choice #3) instead of your local music file (choice #1, which will cause the 913 error).

Yes.  I followed all of the instructions 2x to make sure I did not make any mistakes.

The updates finally came through today and I was able to add back my library using the helpful articles from jGatie.  Thank you!

My playlists did not import for some reason.  They always have in the past.  Any tips on getting these to import?

I had similar issues: Music Library on a Windows share, created a local user fo the Sonos mobile app, updated to the latest app (the one released a couple of days ago), trying to add the share, getting various errors: (Unable to connect, access denied, check credentials, Nothing happens once i click “Add”. Some times it seemed to be working, the library gets added. However when I went to “Scan for New Content”, nothing happened or I was getting an “Something went wrong”. Worst of all: the Library entry was seemingly not stored. Once I left the menu and went to the home screen, the Library is gone, like it was never added. 

However at some point the Libraries just reappeared in the menu. I guess it was doing it’s indexing in the background, without updating the UI. So everything seems to be working again. I expect they will release another version soon to clean up remaining bugs.

However I believe we can all agree they managed the whole thing in a terrible way..