Skip to main content
Answered

More lost playlists

• 13 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I know I’m not the first to have this problem but would be grateful for any suggestions in this forum on how it might possibly be fixed. Lost all my playlists due to being advised that I needed to factory reset components as the only way to switch them to a new wifi network (not moving house, just upgrading TV services which for some reason needs a new network). Two Playbars not reset as I can’t unplug them (wiring considerations) so my question is, if I was able to disconnect the new router and reinstal the old network, might I be able to retrieve the playlists via the devices which weren’t reset? Very annoyed to lose 5+ years of carefully curated playlists….

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Whoever told you to reset the units to change the WiFi credentials was sadly utterly misguided. 

The two Playbars will still contain your playlists. Are you able to temporarily run an Ethernet cable between one of them and your router? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are ever in this situation again, the best approach is to change the Wi-Fi credentials of the new router to match that of your old router.  All of your Wi-Fi devices, including Sonos, will then connect to your new router.