Skip to main content
Answered

Missing components wont add

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have 3 rooms set up as surrounds suddenly 2 of the rooms disappeared. After rebooting my router, they have reappeared but now components are missing and won’t re-add. One is a sub in the living room that won’t re-add back with my Arc and Era 300s. The other are 2 Symfonisk lamps that won’t add back to my bedroom beam. This happened a couple of weeks ago with just the living room and  after Sonos support were less than helpful, I managed to get it sorted myself but no components went missing. Sonos support were claiming it was my network and wireless mesh system, but couldn’t explain to me why that would suddenly be a problem when the system has all worked flawlessly for 2 years exactly as it’s set up now. Any suggestions from anyone? Is the new app part of the problem? Again no problems before updating that either. Short of removing my whole system and re-adding it, or hard wiring one speaker and creating a separate Sonos network, I don’t know what else to do. P.S. after rebooting the router, I rebooted the 3 troublesome components but that hasn’t helped either.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Turtle4360 

Thanks for your post! And, apologies for the delay!

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having, and that our team were not able to help! I hope, however, that you are no longer seeing these issues? The reason I ask is because I can see your entire Sonos system - barring one portable - is currently online and connected to our servers.

If you are still seeing these issues, however, please know that whatever is happening, it is not your speakers. Therefore, please do not factory reset any of them - it will likely not help, and may make things worse. Instead, I would concentrate on the app - sign out and sign in, reset the app (User icon » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset), or even uninstall and reinstall - any of these steps may help, and I hope they do.

If not, you should see better results with the Desktop Controller, which can be downloaded here, or with the Web App at https://play.sonos.com, in the meantime while we work on improving the mobile app further. Note that Web App is not intended for mobile devices, so you will need to tell your browser to open the Desktop version of the web page.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry-

Thanks for replying. Yes everything is up and running again. I had to reboot the router again, completely delete the rooms, and the components and then it let me re-add them. Everything has been stable since then, so fingers crossed that sorts it! But I’ll keep in mind your suggested fixes if it happens again. Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Turtle4360 

That’s great to hear - thanks for updating the thread!