Answered

Managing two different locations using same app

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos in two houses (A and B) and separate equipment. I want the two houses with the same app and I have understood this should be working automatically after setup depending on which WiFi I am connected to.

But it doesn’t work in the last step and I don’t understand what to do to make it work (and I am also not sure if I have done the first two steps correctly). This is the situation:

1. I have set up a Sonos system in house A using iPhone with Sonos Account A (I have both an iPad and a Macbook there and they also work fine).
  2. I have then taken my iPhone to house B and created a Sonos Account B, factory reset my Sonos products there and everything is working fine.
  3. When I go back to house A again and connect to that WiFi the Sonos app doesn’t work - what should be done in this last step?

Thanks in advance!

Klas

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 December 2022, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KlasW 

Ok, sounds good, how to add a second household to account A? 

Actually it now seems to work if I close the app entirely when leaving one house and then starting the app when I am at the other house. However, if I always need to exit the app when moving between houses it will not be good.

In house B, please perform the following steps:

Steps

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap Transfer System Ownership and follow the prompts.
  4. When asked for a new email, use the email that house A is configured to use

You then shouldn’t need to restart the app when moving between locations.

I hope this helps.

Ok, sounds good, how to add a second household to account A? 

Actually it now seems to work if I close the app entirely when leaving one house and then starting the app when I am at the other house. However, if I always need to exit the app when moving between houses it will not be good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think the mistake was using two Sonos accounts. Sonos is able to have more households under one account. Then the switch between households should go well.