Skip to main content

Managing Services Library - Spotify/Deezer functional; Amazon no longer works; Apple never worked

• 14 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hopefully I’ve given all the details in the subject title, but just to expand/reiterate:

I can add Tracks, Artists, Albums to Library of an individual music service via the Sonos app. Full functionality such as ‘Thumbs Up’ or ‘Dislike/Dont Recommend”. It’s not *perfect* either, as there will usually be an ‘Add to Favorite Tracks’ and ‘Remove from Favorite Tracks’ on the same track, but that’s more than acceptable, just thought I’d mention it in case it suggests wider problems (or not). I can directly add the track into a Deezer/Spotify playlist OR a Sonos playlist/Sonos library.

With Amazon Music, the functionality used to be so much better  when I was first experimenting with it, in terms of being able to thumb up / thumb down a recommended track whilst it was playing - wish I had a screenshot to indicate this feature, but alas, I don’t - however I got fed up of the total restriction on searches (I just had to start a random shuffle and even skipping tracks was rate limited) so even thoygh I have AmazonPrime, I had to upgrade to PrimeUnlimited - but then when I did, I lost control over the library, not just the ‘Thums up/Thumbs down’ feature but any ability to add/remove from Amazon library.

The same goes for Apple Music Unlimited which I am trialling. I don’t know why this has started to happen/only happens on 2/4 services, but its very annoying to say the least

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It’s up to the service how it interfaces to the system via Sonos’ music API. Features differ between services, and can change over time.
For example Deezer allows the creation/editing of playlists directly in the Sonos app. I’m not aware of another service which offers this. Spotify might perhaps, but I’m not a user.