Answered

Mac OSX Catalina has wrecked my SONOS music library link

• 9 October 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

I had same issues as above and deleted my app, reinstalled it, changed security settings in Catalina to allow full access, added music library (held on attached USB drive), updated library, and now I’m off and running again.

Userlevel 1
Weird - what apps do you have showing in the Full Disk Access tab?
Plus is anything showing in the Files and Folders tab (the next one down). I've attached a screenshot of mine in case it helps....

Badge
Here are the two folders. I just did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Sonos. Same problem.

Userlevel 1
Bear with me, cos I'm no techie. Just tryin to help.
My SonosLibraryServer (now known as SLS) is in Library - Application Support - Sonos

I'm confused why yours doesn't appear. Have you tried making a new link to your music in Sonos? I deleted the old link, then re-added it before finding the paranoid preferences panel in Catalina.

My music is all on a permanently attached USB drive. Same for you?
Badge
No, it is on A NAS through Ethernet.

There's no file named SonosLibraryServer or SLS in Library - Application Support - Sonos. There are a bunch of other files, though, apparently created when i reinstalled the sonos app this morning.
Userlevel 1
I tried running my music via a NAS/ethernet, but it was crazily unreliable....
We need cleverer people than me to help out here. Anyone else able to help Podsnap?
Badge
Thanks. It has worked quite well with NAS and an Ethernet until I installed Catalina. It then lost most of the files in the music folder. I deleted the folder from Sonos and tried to add it back and it won't add it back, just never stops indexing the directory. I can add a directory on my computer with no problem and Sonos clearly sees the directory on the NAS but it won't finish indexing.
Userlevel 1
Out of interest, try copying a few music folders to your Mac HDD, index them through Sonos and see if your missing SLS files then show up in Prefs. You can replace the library later....