Answered

Mac OSX Catalina has wrecked my SONOS music library link

• 9 October 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge
Thanks, David, but as I mentioned there's nothing there (under System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy tab) called the SonosLibraryServer and no file with that name on my Mac. And I have reinstalled the Sonos Mac app.
Userlevel 1

I can't find an app on my Mac called SonosLibraryServer

Go to System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy tab (on right) - scroll down to Full Disk Access, you should see a list of apps granted disk access. Enable the SonosLibraryServer and you should be sorted. You will probably need to re-link your music folder, though.
Badge
I am running Catalina now. Sonos was missing files and would not upgrade music so I deleted and re-added file server ... bad choice, it will not re-add the files.

I gave full access (as shown above) to Sonos.app.
However, I can't find an app on my Mac called SonosLibraryServer, and can't add it.

Thanks for your assistance.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Probably best to hold off upgrading to Catalina until Sonos has fixed the other issue, i.e. no access to playlists stored on the Mac. When you upgrade to Catalina on the Mac, the iTunes playlist xml fee will disappear as iTunes is removed and replaced with Music. From other threads I see Sonos are working o this but seem to have been caught out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There is a flurry of new security measures in Catalina that will trip up quite a few apps that will require confirmation of access rights in order to work. Expect lots of dialog boxes ...
Userlevel 1
AjTrek1: Sorry if I was unclear.
No, Sonos opens fine but shows there's nothing in the music library.

EDIT - I've just found a new setting in Preferences/Security called "Full Disk Access" & "Files and Folders". See below. Seems the default is to deny apps access until given permission. I changed mine, and it seems to have worked. Might be an idea to keep this in mind for other updaters!

See this earlier thread...

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/sonos-and-mac-os-10-15-catalina-6830760
Userlevel 7
Hi David M Franks

Are you saying that Catalina won't allow you to open Sonos? If so try the instructions in the YouTube video here.