Skip to main content
Question

Local Music add after reading all the guides not working

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi I am a Mac user with an iTunes library that I am trying to add to the new app, I have followed the guide setting up the folder as a network share etc… it seems to start the process saying updating music library then it stops with the following see screenshot. Before anyone asks the music folder is on the internal SSD drive

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi there @Xland , thanks for getting in touch and sorry about the delay in responding to your post.

Our team are currently investigating certain issues relating to local music libraries and the new Sonos App, though its not clear from your description whether your issue is related or something different. What I would suggest to start would be to power off the Mac, any Sonos devices and your wifi router, then power them back on starting with the router. If you see the same behaviour after this you could also attempt to add the share from the Sonos App on a mobile device (Gear symbol at top-right > Manage > Music Library >Add Shared Folder). 

If the above does not resolve the issue, then please reach out to our technical support who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps!