Skip to main content
Question

Itunes

I have looked at all the questions linked to mine and the answers, but with no luck.  I have a 2012 imac and the Sonos Play:1.  I have just bought a new macbook air, but I have so much music on my Imac, that I don’t wan to clog up the Macbook.  However, I seem to have lost the ability to play music on the Sonos from itunes on the iMac.  I have done what it suggests on file sharing on the iMac (at least I think I have) then I tried adding it to Sonos but get error messges.  It says ‘Adding share informaton to Sonos system,’ but after 2 or 3 minutes I get this message - Unable to add the shared folder //JonathansiMac/iTunes to your music library (913)

Or Unable to add the shared folder ‘//JonathansiMac/Music to your Music Library - errr code (913)

I’ve also had error codes 1001 and 1002 - and rebooted my Sonos as suggested.  Nothing

Also checked the firewall.

Just wondering if it should work … or have Sonos done something that means it’s impossible ??

5 replies

You can’t add it the old way anymore.  You need to follow these updated instructions ( make sure you use the Mac app on the iMac that is storing the music):

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Thanks. I’ll have a look at this and give it a try. What do you mean by the Mac app on the iMac?

Thanks. I’ll have a look at this and give it a try. What do you mean by the Mac app on the iMac?

The Sonos app for Mac available for download here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

Yes, of course. Got that.

I couldn’t find my library, had problems restoring it with (913) constantly appearing.

Thanks to many folk I used the ‘guest access’ idea and finally was able to restore my music library 

But it has disappeared again.

I now get the message ‘unable to add the shared folder //……………../……. to your music library (1002)

I have tried and tried and don’t seem able to do anything better….help please before it is all put in the waste