Answered

Is there an Android app fix?

• 26 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Any idea what's wrong with the Sonos Android app?

The landing "My Sonos" page is just a collection of blank boxes (screenshot attached). I've tried force stopping and restarting the app, as well as un/reinstalling, but get the same issue, making it unusable.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 December 2023, 04:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Since yours is the only post about this, I’m going to hazard a guess that it’s a local issue. Since the app is merely a remote view to the data on the system itself, I’m going to recommend a few things, you can do them all, or choose to test after each step, as it’s not clear what is causing this problem on your Android device.

First, delete the app from your Android device, and download and install a fresh copy from the Google Store. Make sure, when presented the option, to choose ‘join existing system’, do not set up a new one.

Next, try a reboot of your router, by unplugging it, then plugging it back in.

Finally, reboot (power cycle) all of your Sonos devices. 

Badge

Thanks. I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but rebooting everything, including the router, fixed the issue. Bizarre that it would affect the app in this way though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks. I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but rebooting everything, including the router, fixed the issue. Bizarre that it would affect the app in this way though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The app is just a remote control, almost all data displayed; system, players, playlists, queue, settings, etc. are stored on the players themselves.  There’s actually very little data stored in the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I see that from time to time but it will usually clear up in a few minutes.

I’m not sure how much of that is local versus remote connection issues.

Badge

The app is just a remote control, almost all data displayed; system, players, playlists, queue, settings, etc. are stored on the players themselves.  There’s actually very little data stored in the app.

Yeah, what’s strange is that the Arc, Sub etc. were still working. Turing it all off and back on again did the trick. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If a power cycle helped it may be IP address related and setting static/reserved addresses from your router’s DHCP Settings page may help. It is usually a quick and painless step and only needs done once.

Power down Sonos and reboot the router once the addresses are set.

Badge

If a power cycle helped it may be IP address related and setting static/reserved addresses from your router’s DHCP Settings page may help. It is usually a quick and painless step and only needs done once.

Power down Sonos and reboot the router once the addresses are set.

I asked here as well… do the Sub and One SLs share the Arc IP address? That’s the only one I see connected to my mesh.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

All need the reserved IP addresses, sounds like your router is making them a bit hard to find but once found they need set.