Skip to main content
Answered

Is the queue really empty when the new app says it it?

I just played an old playlist. On my computer, where I am still using the old app, I see that it’s playing, and I can see that there are a lot of songs in the queue. But in the new app is says the queue is empty, even though it also says it’s playing a song. Is there a way to really see what is in the queue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue; the new app is an absolute car crash 😢

All playlist are gone. Some playlist have more than one and a half thousand songs. Even the ImportedI lists doesn’t work. I have seven Sonos speaker and I think ,I change to an different system like Bose.

By by Sonos

Userlevel 1

The new app is a train wreck takes 15 minutes to group speakers always says queue is empty speakers fading in and out. The delay in adjusting volume is ridiculous. Absolutely terrible had some problems with s2 but this is a dumpster fire!!

Userlevel 2

FWIW, I am experiencing significant issues (all symptoms above) ...BUT, of late, only experiencing this when playing “radio” channels (not the for fee service - but any “play” scheme lacking a back button).  Songs, playlists, albums (named songs you can see in the queue) now seem to work. 

The MacOS version is the most stable (but kinda a PITA)

Userlevel 1
Badge

honesty this app sucks. thank goodness i still have access to sonos on my computer, which is responsive. from the iphone it’s just a joke. takes 15 minutes to load music. if speaker volume was previously put at zero, the speaker can’t be controlled. if a roam was off it can no longer be found. terrible app. likely the worst app i have on my phone. heads should roll at sonos -- but please fix the app first. 

Userlevel 1

I don’t understand how Sonos thinks it will flourish long term with such awful connectivity issues.  People invest thousands in systems they cannot access which results in extreme frustration.  It feels like a class action lawsuit is just around the corner for baiting people into buying into a multi-speaker system with such a trash app and interface.  People will start cutting ties and telling anyone they know to avoid Sonos at all costs.  

Similar situation. 

Did all the standard Sonos Support ‘try this’ ideas - power cycle speaker , power cycle router, cast from smartphone, play from TV app.

It’s Amazon on the smartphone app that is my issue.  One day I can play from and Amazon playlist all day and it’s fine, the next day after a couple songs I get music queue empty.  At present it only happens if I play Amazon via the Sonos smartphone app.  If I play Pandora or MyTunerRadio using the Sonos app it plays just fine, as well as if I play Amazon, Pandora or MyTunerRadio from the TV.

I ran Ethernet directly from the router to the Arc and took the Arc off of WiFi - sooner or later the music ‘skips’ and the queue empty error pops up.  So to me it’s not the Arc itself but the app is screwing up.

Not cool.  Just now installed the Windows/Sonos app on my PC just to see if that does the same thing.

I have sonos at my home in QLD , just spent $7000 on new system in Tasmania, APP is rubbish and the S2 disappeared without notice and we got this new pile of crap.

Port wont run my free standing speakers anymore now that new App is here, do Sonos people read this or care about it as I will be telling all my friends to stay well clear until its sorted.

Rubbish Sonos. 

Totally agree - things have been going fine for years.  Is the new APP an attempt to make everyone upgrade?

I don’t think they will be around much longer after this f* up and recommend returning and selling all Sonos equipment while still possible. Adieu my formally beloved music system

All playlist are gone. Some playlist have more than one and a half thousand songs. Even the ImportedI lists doesn’t work. I have seven Sonos speaker and I think ,I change to an different system like Bose.

By by Sonos

Sonos must certainally realize by now that they've shot themselves in the foot with this new app.  Their reputation is quickly being destroyed, and are loosing business along with their loyal customers.  There is, however, a very simple fix to their problem.  If they'd just swallow their pride, apologize to their loyal followers and admit they screwed up with this very premature release, reinstate it as a BETA and allow users to reinstall the previous version of the S2 controller while they rework the Beta, I believe that would go a long way to appeasing their user base.  I for one am still using that previous version S2 and am happy to be able to use my EXPENSIVE components, as before, while I wait for for Sonos to resolve their issues.  As Nike would say: JUST DO IT!

Sonos are you listening ?  Don’t you have someone monitoring and responding to this feedback?  The inconsistency, incompetence and inoperable state of the app is totally unacceptable! 

This new update is horrible I have spent thousands of dollars on this system I have 3 speakers play five plus  a sound bar and an outdoor system with two speakers none of them are working right the queue playing no sounds come out. The patio system and the sound bar do not even connect they don’t show up at all on the app. Fix it. Fix it. Fix this problem. 5THOUS DOLLARS !!!  That’s what I spent on SONOS I NEED MY MONEY WORTH. 

I’m done.

using Sonos since original ZP80 and controllers, but new version has finally killed my brand loyalty

On my iPad I put music on, but my iPhone shows no music playing.

ipad can’t see my NAS but my phone can

so I can play radio from the ipad or music from my phone but once one device has connected the other can’t talk

what an utter pile of s****

gping to cost me a small fortune to change but nothing can be worse than this

very, sad and very disapointed ex customer

Anyone found a solution to not being able to select snd play music because the queue is empty. I can only play by hitting play on the amp or speaker now so limited to one playlist. I was reluctant to adopt Sonos after having a SqueezeServer system. I sol all the equipment and wish I hadn’t because the Sonos is pretty much much a brick now. 

Here’s how I fixed the ‘empty queue’. I removed my Sonos app, redownloaded it, turned off my speaker and re logged in. It worked. But honestly I just want my music to play when I want it without all the carry on of the Sonos app. There is always a problem with it!