Answered

Is Sonos able to add "YouTube Music"'s "Brand (limited to YouTube)" account as a "Service"?

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Folks 👋

I’ve been able to add Spotify and my personal YouTube Music account as a Sonos Service just fine.

However, when I try to add a YouTube Music “Brand (limited to YouTube)” account, I get the attached “Access Blocked: Authorization Error” message.

I noticed that this only happens when it’s a “Brand (limited to YouTube)” account, but a regular “Brand” account or a regular personal account, I am able to connect as a “Service” just fine.  Please see the attached screenshot of the different types of “Brand” accounts.

Is this a bug or is it an intended behavior?  Or is there a work around to this issue?

Thank you for your time 🙏

Error Message
Different Types of Brand Accounts

icon

Best answer by controlav 27 March 2023, 14:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This is intended behavior: YT Brand accounts are not supported on Sonos.

Thanks @controlav for clarifying that up.  I wish I was able to find that information in the documentation somewhere.  Thanks again for your help and have a great weekend 🙏