Skip to main content
Question

impossible to install Sub to my system

• 23 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I have the following set-up since 2 years: one ARC paired with 2 sonos one. 

I bought a renewed Sub (gen 1 or 2) and am unable to connect it to my system. The installation requires an update of the Sub (written it should take a few minutes only) but after a lot of attemps, I'm still not able to complete the update. I of course reset to factory setting multiple time, unplugged reppluged, rebooted the WiFi etc but still no success: the update starts but never completes itself and no error message appears. Using S2 for set up.

Thanks for your help

P

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same problem here any help would be appreciated, when I try to install the update the app say it’s updating but the lights stay green flashing and don’t turn orange/white like in a regular update.

I also have reboot everything several times and reset factory the sub.

thanks

Hi I have the same issue, can anybody let em know if they managed to sort this issue please?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi I have the same issue, can anybody let em know if they managed to sort this issue please?

Thanks 

Is the rest of your system up-to-date with last week’s latest firmware update? (Settings - Manage - System Updates - Check for Update). And there was also a new app update yesterday.

Then try the update again. If that fails, try connecting the sub to the router by ethernet and try the sub update again. You can always unplug the ethernet afterwards.

I’ve recently (a week or so ago) setup a Sub (gen3) here and didn’t see any issues. I didn’t use the S2 App as mentioned by the OP, I used the new Sonos App - I just had to enter the 8 digit pin code XXX-XX-XXX (when prompted) to get it added/working with my setup, but at the time, it was already running on what was then the latest version of the Sonos firmware.