Skip to main content
Answered

ikea Symfonisk unable to setup

Hello everyone 

hope you are doing well ,

I just started my journey into Sonos and i chose to start with ikea symfonisk book shelf gen2 

however It wasn't my lucky day 😕 since I bought it 4 days ago and all the trouble to set up with the new app 

however I was happy and jump when I saw today app release 

and end up adding the device however at the end it ask for update and showing error 1002 

and wont show any device in the system 

i had used several phones android ipad iphone 

also tried another email account 

all unfortunately not working 

please shear your thoughts and even any have smiler issue after the app update today

ios 80.01.10

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

This have been resolved using the mac os sonos app 

I have the same trouble. It doesn‘t work with iPhone or iPad.

I have the same trouble. It doesn‘t work with iPhone or iPad.

I was able to resolve it through mac os installing the sonos app on it 

Same. I’ll try the new app tomorrow but this has been disappointing for my first Sonos experience 

Same. I’ll try the new app tomorrow but this has been disappointing for my first Sonos experience 

its indeed as the product becomes useless 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi.

I did not think you could setup new devices using the macos (or windows) apps. That you must use the mobil device apps for this. Have this changed and I’ve missed it? Or am I not understanding what your problem was and how you managed to resolve it?

Updated OS and Sonos app overnight. Fresh start this morning. Made it as far as the Sonos app saying that the speaker needed an update, then it froze. Can’t go forward so I tried going back by resetting it. Zero.

how do you set up using the Mac Sonos app? I don’t get an option to set up, rather just learn how to set up which brings me to the download page of the app on the site. Purchased 4 of these units to set up for a small restaurant and none of them can be set up.

You don’t. The Mac and Windows apps had their administrative functions ( read setup) removed years ago, and were put in ‘maintenance mode’. All setup functions are restricted to the mobile device controllers. 

However, the desktop apps still work well to control music playback. 

Where to begin…. What I have: Sonos sub, sound bar move 2 (2 ea) and 1 ikea synfonisks bookshelf speaker.

How it all began. Purchased 2 move 2’s thinking I could hook them to my Tv. Nope. Of the two only 1 linked up to the app the first try. The second move required multiple hard resets and had to use my iPad vs iPhone. Eventually both connected. The sound out of the two is amazing. But since I couldn’t use them with the tv, I got the sound bar and direct hooked up to tv and set up was easy and worked great, but found some guy on YouTube saying that because Sonos won’t allow the move 2 speakers to connect to a sub he explained how to bypass the system by getting the ikea synfonisks speaker, so I bought one from ikea

either that speaker is a POS ( or the app is) as it won’t connect no matter what I try. It’s been reset at least 10 times, I’ve reset my app, the modem, my phone, my apps on both even hooked directly up to the router with the Ethernet cable. The app sees it, but won’t register nor will it add it. I even took it to a friend house and tried it on a fresh network and a brand new account set up just for her and it still wouldn’t register. Why????

now this is where it gets interesting. I just received the sub yesterday and went through the process. Of course it didn’t connect the first time, but it eventually did. At that moment I was about to pack all the stuff up and burn it!!!! There is absolutely no reason it should be this difficult to set this stuff up. However, after getting the sub dialed in with the sound bar I decided to try it all at once. * YOU NOT!!!!! It all works together!!! I’m listening to Sirius XM VIA my iPad and music is going through all items the sound bar, the sub and both move 2 speakers!!!! After all the grief, the ikea speaker isn’t even needed but no matter what I’ve tried, it still won’t connect as the message is still the same as what everyone has described already.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I had the same problem with Ikea Bookshelf. It works to up date the speaker only with desktop app ( for me windows). After the speaker update in desktop app it works to connect in android app. 

I had the same problem with Ikea Bookshelf. It works to up date the speaker only with desktop app ( for me windows). After the speaker update in desktop app it works to connect in android app. 

Yeah the new buggy Sonos app appears to have a (surprise) bug where it can’t update firmware of a certain age. Luckily the desktop app can fill this gap. It seems to be a bug that can affect ikea and Sonos branded speakers. 

That would have been good to know. Now that it’s all working together and all the speakers are connected to each other and happy, I’m just going to return the bookshelf speaker. One side note, even tried the sonos1 app and that wouldn’t do it either. But thanks for the reply’s and hopefully the sonos2 app will get all the bugs worked out so others don’t have the same grief. I can just hear my dad going through the roof if he tried setting something like this up not being too tech savvy. On a positive note, compared to my old Bose set up, the Sonos sounds incredible, though finicky at first, it’s amazing stuff!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeah the new buggy Sonos app appears to have a (surprise) bug where it can’t update firmware of a certain age. Luckily the desktop app can fill this gap. It seems to be a bug that can affect ikea and Sonos branded speakers. 

I'm having the same problem during set up for my sonos five. I get as far as speaker needs an update and get an instant 1002 error. I've tried everything but nothing works. I've tried the windows app but it just says no systems found? Please help. 

Setup symfonisk using sonos app and reach to point where it fails to update firmware and says system cannot be found and leave it connected to network. Now install desktop ( Windows OS) app and try to add existing system. It will find your system and will successfully update its firmware. Once firmware is updated then Android app will find it as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Setup symfonisk using sonos app and reach to point where it fails to update firmware and says system cannot be found and leave it connected to network. Now install desktop ( Windows OS) app and try to add existing system. It will find your system and will successfully update its firmware. Once firmware is updated then Android app will find it as well.

Ive tried this for my Sonos five, but the windows app says no systems found.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Update: Sonos dropped a new app update today and my speaker finally updated! It’s all working now. 

I’ve already returned the bookshelf speaker...However, after messing around with the system that I have so far, (the sound bar, sub and 2 move 2 speakers) they’re all grouped together and play they way I want them to for now.  However it is still true that the Move 2 speakers will NOT link directly to the sub themselves which i find odd, but will Group together to the sound bar and sub that ARE linked. Initially that was why I got the bookshelf speaker in the first place. It’s water under the bridge now… I still feel the option to link any speaker set to the sub should be an option as the sub is an amazing piece and the difference to hear the set up with out it is like night and day.  Any way, good luck to all

I just bought a the picture frame speaker, and when i am trying to do the connection for the first time with the iOS app, and it gets to the audio ping part of the setup, my speaker doesn’t play any sound at all, and I can’t proceed with the setup, even when it tells me to use the ethernet cable. 

i’ve been trying to search online if anyone else has had this issue before but haven’t been able to find anything.

Need help.