Skip to main content
Question

Idagio and new app

• 15 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I use Sonos to stream music from the classical music service Idagio. I have various Pinned Collections on Sonos that pull through albums and playlists from Idagio.  But on the new app it seems I can no longer select and play whole albums or playlists… only a single track at a time?  I get the same problem if I use “Your Services” to link through from Sonos to Idagio.  Playing one track at a time from a classical recording is pretty hopeless, so I hope that gets resolved soon please Sonos Support. 

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have just been told this is a “feature request “. They are not prepared to accept that it is a fundamental error in the new app that has effectively bricked my Sonos system.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dear Mr Spence

I would be grateful for your help in addressing an issue with the new app that has effectively made my IDAGIO subscription redundant and bricked my Sonos system.

It is now not possible to play an album. You can only select the music track by track. Your colleagues have agreed to add it as a “feature request”! It is not a feature request. Rather, it is a fundamental error in the new app. It has always worked in the past.

The only workaround offered is to add each track separately to the queue. Do you really think that it is reasonable to ask your customers to do that?

I would be grateful for your help in reinstating this function. After all, it can’t be rocket science.

Yours sincerely

I am having the same problem as the gentleman (gentlewoman?) above and share his (her) anger at Sonos not taking this problem seriously.

I also have this problem.  Another of the many limitations of the Sonos system.  Having invested heavily in the hardware, I don't expect to have these limitations placed on what I can use.  The attraction of the system was its openness and connectivity.  However it would seem that no the company wants to move us to its own streaming provisions only by reducing the usefulness of the platform.

Either sort it out or lose another longterm customer please.

(While you're at it please reinstate Alarms in the app!)

James

We are having the same issue and  can only play the first track of any album. It is not fixed by re-loading IDAGIO.  This makes our IDAGIO subscription effectively unusable on Sonos. Please can a Sonos technical person respond and explain what is wrong and when it will be fixed. If I do not hear back I shall make a formal complaint to the UK trading standards body as this contravenes the trades description of this device. I”ll also start copying letters to the UK media. This issue needs some media attention.  A very disappointed Sonos customer. August 31st 2024

Badge

I agree that the pinned collection feature is essential to being able to access a large local library. Its absence from the new app is one of the most serious of the many backward steps that Sonos users have had to endure since May.