Skip to main content
Answered

I want the old SONOS app back

re New App.

Not only does the equaliser NOT WORK I have lost all the midrange sounds PLEASE HELP!

This is not what I expect from SONOS please reinstate the old App and give us our lives and our MUSIC back.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We are 5 weeks into the new app so we won’t be getting the old one back. Based on this the pressure needs to be on ensuring that Sonos have the right priorities for fixing what is wrong and reimplementing what was missed.

re New App.

Not only does the equaliser NOT WORK I have lost all the midrange sounds PLEASE HELP!

This is not what I expect from SONOS please reinstate the old App and give us our lives and our MUSIC back.

Your profile lists a Sonos Port - if your line-out audio is ‘fixed’ on that product,  your EQ under ‘Sound’ settings will be unavailable to you anyway.

I HOPE SONOS IS MONITORING THESE COMPLAINTS

And would hope they would COMMUNICATE with their customers with SOMETHING!

Right at the top of their support page:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

They have this support link that’s showing the features that have been, or are, being added to the new App…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

I'm sorry this new App ist horrible.

It doesnt Work.

Musik ist playing, but the App doesnt Show any aktive sonos.

So i cant Stop, or Chance.

These Sonos productes are great but without a working App it mit useable.…

Hope they can fix it soon, otherwise i have to Chance to a working system…

Sorry. But that is a terrible Service..…

Back to the working App would also help.

Userlevel 1

Please fix the new app. The new app is fraught with  problems in that is does not provide smooth transitions between Sonos based music and other music platforms loaded onto the Sonos app. Speakers selection is now painful; it was pretty straightforward before, now it has a mind of its own. I may select a certain room speaker, but Sonos may activate the last speaker on the list. Playing different music sources on different speakers is also problematic. The app was elegant and a major selling point for me. The new version looks updated, but certainly took several steps backwards and leaves much to be desired. So much so that I no can no longer recommend Sonos. Great sounding speakers. Lousy interface. 

Userlevel 1

I just cannot believe that you can so screw up on the new app. just reinstate the old one!

Eerst kon ik appart schakelen tussen tv en muziek. Nu lukt dat niet. Alsof ik tv afspeel vind hij de muziek niet. Dan moet ik de TV uit zetten. Weer aanzetten, dan vind Sonos de TV. 

geef mij maar de oude versie!! Vele malen beter dan die shit wat men nu heeft

Userlevel 1

Can I have my money back please. New app so bad. Feels like losing my mind. Trying to fix. All you get is new is best. Some times old stuff is good. Just leave it alone.

Jes!! Dis app is s**t

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 1

My Sonos sucks since the new app. All that money in speakers down the tubes. BETRAYED.

We install sonos systems almost daily. We can register new systems with this app. Please fix or rollback 

We install sonos systems almost daily. We can register new systems with this app. Please fix or rollback 

This doesn’t make sense unless you’re saying you cannot register new systems with this new App? I’ve just tested this and have no issue creating a new Sonos Household - worked straightaway for me… I just setup a Roam in a new Sonos system. No problems seen at all.

I have owned Sonos products for 20 years.  It has glitched more times with the new software update in the last month than the TOTAL glitches in 20 years.  That is not an exaggeration

This is the biggest POS software update.  Sonos,  you should be ashamed of yourself.  

Fix this NOW!  You are losing loyal customers by the minute.

I have owned Sonos products for 20 years.  It has glitched more times with the new software update in the last month than the TOTAL glitches in 20 years.  That is not an exaggeration

This is the biggest POS software update.  Sonos,  you should be ashamed of yourself.  

Not wishing to pick you out from the crowd here, but your post is not very constructive, to say the least - maybe post a some of the main issues you’re seeing with the new Sonos App.

At least that way Sonos engineers may be able to see/address the problems - absolutely anyone can say "POS software” but that’s never going to get anything addressed without you providing at least some detail about the issues you are facing. Some example screenshots might perhaps help too.

Otherwise I can see this post and many other similar ones, that lack detail, as simply being dismissed by Sonos, alongside those users that perhaps maybe ‘trolling’ on this site. After 20 years of using Sonos  products you could perhaps be a little more constructive.

Please! Please! Please!

The new Sonos App is terrible!  Not at all intuitive and all responsiveness to the controls is incredibly delayed.

You had a really good thing, and the enemy of good is better.  Don’t feel so compelled to improve a good thing unless you’re really improving it.

Mahalo!

Userlevel 1

We are 5 weeks into the new app so we won’t be getting the old one back. Based on this the pressure needs to be on ensuring that Sonos have the right priorities for fixing what is wrong and reimplementing what was missed.

Heads should roll for this update..

…Like everything is missing….15 years ago Sonos was rad. Over the years it just continually downgrades its pizzazz. Starting with remote control. Monitoring and controlling music and speakers remotely was a huge loss imo.

now i just want to control my sound preferences, like deep bass and basic volume. I found that after thr fith time adjusting thr volume, if you hold the slider for about 45 seconds it will hold without resetting. 

Please! Please! Please!

The new Sonos App is terrible!  Not at all intuitive and all responsiveness to the controls is incredibly delayed.

You had a really good thing, and the enemy of good is better.  Don’t feel so compelled to improve a good thing unless you’re really improving it.

Mahalo!

Well said 

Not wishing to pick you out from the crowd here, but your post is not very constructive, to say the least - maybe post a some of the main issues you’re seeing with the new Sonos App.

At least that way Sonos engineers may be able to see/address the problems - absolutely anyone can say "POS software” but that’s never going to get anything addressed without you providing at least some detail about the issues you are facing. Some example screenshots might perhaps help too.

Otherwise I can see this post and many other similar ones, that lack detail, as simply being dismissed by Sonos, alongside those users that perhaps maybe ‘trolling’ on this site. After 20 years of using Sonos  products you could perhaps be a little more constructive.

Lmao

Lmao

ha ha, me too at your response here 😂 - just typical!!

When will this be fixed. The new app does not work on my android much less navigatable on my wifes iphone

Chatted with Sonos person for 45 minutes? Was not able to help me. Said to call support on phone. That is 30 to 45 min. wait. I have 2 older connects that can not go up to Sonos 2. My other 8 devices can decided to update. My Android downloaded the app, and is stuck on searching for updates. My wifes Iphone downloaded app and is working but hard to navigate. I have a hard time with all the updated changes. Tried my PC update and it shows the orange app, and is working as well. At this point I think I am going to factory reset all my components and revert back to S1. Have to much money tied into existing system to just leave go. Is Sonos offering any rebate or discount on trading in for new equipment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Chatted with Sonos person for 45 minutes? Was not able to help me. Said to call support on phone. That is 30 to 45 min. wait. I have 2 older connects that can not go up to Sonos 2. My other 8 devices can decided to update. My Android downloaded the app, and is stuck on searching for updates. My wifes Iphone downloaded app and is working but hard to navigate. I have a hard time with all the updated changes. Tried my PC update and it shows the orange app, and is working as well. At this point I think I am going to factory reset all my components and revert back to S1. Have to much money tied into existing system to just leave go. Is Sonos offering any rebate or discount on trading in for new equipment?

Sonophone app £2.99 will work with S1 and S2 on ios, have you an old Ios device laying about….