Skip to main content

How to check battery levels of Sonos mobile speakers (Move & Roam) in the new Sonos app

The old Sonos app showed what percent the battery of my Move & Roam were at in the app.   Now, all it shows is a battery icon with a lightning bolt in it to show that it is currently charging.  Being of limited vision, I can not tell if the battery is ‘full’ our not.  Is there a way to see what % the charge of these speakers is at?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Gear icon, choose the room that the battery powered speaker is in, then choose the product name (mine is a Roam), and the percentage is shown as the first line item, under Status.

Rumor has it that will change in a future release. 

Edited to add: the change is supposed to make it easier to see. Not sure where that is on the roadmap, though. Probably not the most urgent thing, but on the other hand, may be easy to do. 

Thank you Bruce!  Boy!  They really hid that pretty good, but now that I know, I know!  Thanks again!

So I'm in a similar situation (also low vision too) but struggling because I can't seem to check battery level of my Roam when I'm off my network (using Bluetooth). The new app simply tells me I haven't set up a system and no products found. It would seem the app is anticipating a first time experience or new user set up and that no "offline" mode is supported? 

Unless I'm missing something? This new app...oof, not great. Especially on Android. 

I have found the same situation, the old app would show you the Roam battery power when connected to bluetooth, now there is no way of seeing it. 

Same issue, no info in the app w/ Bluetooth. The speaker is called ROAM, and that's what I do with it!!! So very often away from my home!!!

same situation…… i’m using the speaker abroad and have no idea what the battery level is at (as not connected to home network).  took it to the beach after I thought it had been charging (after all it is called ROAM for a reason) & the orange light blinked and then shut off.  I use to see an orange light blink until it was full but not it flashes a few times and then goes off 🤷🏻‍♂️…..Apart from reinstall it to the temp network I cannot think of another way so any ideas on what I can do or check when not on home network would be welcome

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Gear icon, choose the room that the battery powered speaker is in, then choose the product name (mine is a Roam), and the percentage is shown as the first line item, under Status.

Edited to add: the change is supposed to make it easier to see. Not sure where that is on the roadmap, though. Probably not the most urgent thing, but on the other hand, may be easy to do. 

Thank you.  I would never have found this on my own!

Badge

You can also ask the Sonos voice assistant. Say "hey Sonos, what's the battery level?”

Does the voice assistant work on Bluetooth. This topic refers to battery level when running the Roam on Bluetooth. 

Following as I’m running into the same situation. I take my roam to work with me and sometimes my shifts are longer than the charge on the roam when I forget to plug it in the night before

Userlevel 1

The latest SONOS app is nearly impossible to navigate.  Battery level is just one of hundreds of issues I have runner into :-(

So I'm in a similar situation (also low vision too) but struggling because I can't seem to check battery level of my Roam when I'm off my network (using Bluetooth). The new app simply tells me I haven't set up a system and no products found. It would seem the app is anticipating a first time experience or new user set up and that no "offline" mode is supported? 

Unless I'm missing something? This new app...oof, not great. Especially on Android. 

I also am in the same predicament with a newly purchased Sonos Move2.  The other issue is that the Move2 doesn't remain paired to my Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra like my Sonos Roam/Roam SL does.  Once I power on the Roam/Roam SL all I need to do is go to Settings/Connections/Bluetooth, finally selecting Sonos Roam (Sonos 3BD2) in the list of paired devices.  Also, another issue, is how to name the Move2 like the paired Roam/Roam SL and two sets of paired One/One SL, I also have.  Thank you for letting me share my dissatisfaction in the new app 😡

Same problem here. I bought the Sonos Roam 2 for my Holiday in France. This morning I wanted the check the battery before hitting the beach and I landed on this forum page. Because the Sonos app wants me to connect to the WiFi and I’m not at home ;). No really “roaming” in the app yet. The new app shows a function when offline if your network to add a headphone, it would be a bare minimum that the roam could be used offline in the app such as a headphone can be used…

I tried the voice assistant to ask the battery level but it doesn’t seem to work when using Bluetooth 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Another in this situation and away from home. I can use the app to connect my Move 2 to the wireless network in our accommodation, but it never appears in the app, nor does it appear to report its battery level to connected Apple devices.

The Sonos voice assistant doesn't work on Bluetooth either, so it seems the only way is to wait for it to report low battery or to leave it on charge continuously. Frustrating for a portable speaker that is among the most expensive on the market.