Help! Multiple Issues with New App Upgrade!

• 10 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have so many issues I hardly know where to begin. This is across multiple Android phones: Pixel, Oppo & Samsung. I subscribe to Amazon, Apple & YouTube Music. I have a Sonos Era 300 speaker pair.

Amazon doesn't play anything at all, it's totally busted. Nothing works. Both Amazon and Apple won't launch any music started from search results. Only YouTube Music still works across the app. 

The app is super slow to respond, I'm waiting up to 15 seconds for a song to start! Before that was 2 or 3 seconds at most. Selecting songs to play from a playlist only ever starts the first song in the list, not the song I selected. 

Search results are a total mess, there's no organisation whatsoever. If I search for an album, I get a random bunch of songs and releases by that artist. I have to carefully scroll through up to 50-100 unlabelled releases - no distinction between albums and singles - to find what I'm looking for! 

Can't access album info from tracks and can't access EQ settings from the track playing window. 

Like I said this is not just one phone, I have an Oppo, a Pixel and a Samsung and they all have the same issues. Thank goodness I saved the old app on one spare phone or I'd barely be able to use my Sonos system now!

Sorry, byt in my opinion this upgrade is a total mess!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Yes it really is a disaster - far to many every day features are missing or broken (like alarms, sleep timers, mute etc). I cannot access half of my services (“Unknown error” including SONOS Radio itself) and controlling groups and speaker volume is really bad and inconsistent (it travels up and down by itself and mute i missing).

This early tech preview is far from being ready for general access and should never have been released.

At least SONOS shuld release the “old” S2 app as a separate app for “power users” like the S1 app is.

Saying that they are going to make the new app better in the next months is really unfair - most of us need SONOS to work every day!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Peder_1 Yea I can't see the timer function in the old app either now, though I can still start one using voice control. Alarms still work in the old app.

The Audio Compression and Groups settings have also been disabled in the old app, it prompts you to upgrade if you try to access those. 

Userlevel 1

Samsung 21

I have a screen of non functional grey squares…

Hi,

I have 4  I Phones that were each running the “ old ”  Sonos “ Gold ” App.

I downloaded the new “ Black “ upgrade onto my I Phone only ,and fair to say it was a big mistake.

The new version is an absolute shocker.

BEWARE!

Luckily I did NOT upgrade all 4 phones...the other 3 still have the “ old “ version .

My question is...how do I transfer the “ old “ Sonos version from one of the other I Phones , onto mine? 

Can I use “ Air Drop”..or is there another way?

I’m sure that many other Sonos Community forum members are in the same boat.

Thanks