Skip to main content
Question

Forced “Acceptance” of Terms of Use

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

This morning I pushed “Accept”, because I wanted to use the SONOS system that I’ve invested thousands of dollars in over the last 20 years. As the courageous folks at SONOS intended, there is no real choice, and they are foisting something on us. Now my SONOS MOVE is bricked. Why, SONOS? Why? ( It’s courage right? Right?!)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried factory resetting the Move and starting to set it up again, now that you have the latest version of the app?

As for forced terms, there is a very recent thread on this:

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/terms-of-use-6896805

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Rhonny,

it keeps sending me to location services, which is already set to “when in use”.

Has anyone else seen their equipment bricked coincident to this “Terms of Use” decree?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks Rhonny,

it keeps sending me to location services, which is already set to “when in use”.

Has anyone else seen their equipment bricked coincident to this “Terms of Use” decree?

Did you/have you run the system update after installing the latest version of the app yesterday?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Rhonny,

Did you/have you run the system update after installing the latest version of the app yesterday?

I honestly wasn’t aware of the app change last night. I found a workaround, of sorts. Digging around in the discussions, it dawned on me that the problem is my keeping the semi-functional previous version of the S2 desktop controller. I shut down my PC, and was able to connect. After restarting my PC, the dumpster fire seems to me contained to its post May 7 conflagration.