Question

“extensive” App Upgrade

Userlevel 3
Badge

How complicated can you make an App. 🤔

Don’t know about anyone else but I can’t modify or add a new alarm. I can get to alarms but unable to edit - does anyone test these before releasing? 😡

Previous alarms are still there but cannot change anything. 
Am I just being daft or is anyone else finding the same? Can anyone help?

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Many reports from people saying Alarms have gone I’m afraid. The feature is certainly not accessible from the web app (see https://play.sonos.com/en-us/web-app) and the new Android & iOS apps seem to be based on that.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for confirming I’m not the only one.

i still have my previous set alarms but can’t alter times, sound/music to wake to.

what a mess, why do they do this - so unprofessional.

I see ‘Alarms’ in the actual Sonos App, which I have installed on my iPad Pro. It’s under ‘Settings/Manage’, but it’s not in the new Sonos Web App, as far as I can see.

I am able to add alarms too, but others have reported they don’t even see the feature in their App. Maybe they’re not looking in the right place, or things perhaps vary by Country/Region/Controller Device - maybe it’s just early days and things are still being implemented server-side. 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 3
Badge

UPDATE - just noticed a further App update 8.0.0.4 - completely removed Alarms now - what a complete load of s..t. Sort this out Sonos!!!!

Seriously considering getting rid of the lot - going down hill very fast.  😡😡😡😡😡😡

UPDATE - just noticed a further App update 8.0.0.4 - completely removed Alarms now - what a complete load of s..t. Sort this out Sonos!!!!

Seriously considering getting rid of the lot - going down hill very fast.  😡😡😡😡😡😡

It’s probably just a temporary matter, I’d perhaps wait a while and see what happens. Let the dust settle.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s probably just a temporary matter, I’d perhaps wait a while and see what happens. Let the dust settle.

I hope so, haven’t updated my iPad yet. This still sees the alarms but can’t do much with them. Refuses to accept any “saves”.

Not feeling very hopeful, to be honest. Thanks for your input, appreciated.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please see response on behalf of the CEO.

Hello Pete,

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos. 

My name is Sara and I'm a senior member of the Customer Experience team here at Sonos. Our CEO, Patrick Spence, brought your feedback to my attention, and I wanted to reach out and see if there's anything I can do to help address this.

I understand you’re experiencing troubles with the alarm function in the new Sonos App. I imagine the frustration since it's a basic function you were counting on. I will be more than happy to provide you with an explanation.

This feature is not currently available in the Sonos app, but will return in a future update. This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for. It’s a huge undertaking, and we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, some features will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

Thank you for your collaboration and patience. If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to respond to this email.

Best regards,

Sara D.
Sonos | Customer Experience - Level 2 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It was there in version 80.00, but removed in 80.00.04 for reasons we don’t know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I got a very similar response. It’s pointless speaking to them, they didn’t address the question why they released the app when it is clearly not ready instead of waiting for it to be fully complete.

I mean, I let the S1 to S2 thing slide as it only effected 1 of my speakers. However, they are now showing a pattern of incompetent behaviour that means I won’t be spending any more cash on any of their products.