Answered

Explicit songs from Spotify blocked.

• 4 December 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Did you solve this?

The  only thing I am aware of is Settings,  System, Parental Controls.  Have you tried that?

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’ve tried that in both the sonos and Spotify settings. Very frustrating. 

Assuming you have 'filter explicit content' set to 'disabled '  in the Sonos app then my only other suggestions are to delete your Spotify sccount from Sonos then re-add it as a service, and to reboot (power cycle) all your Sonos components. 

Having the same issue. Parental Controls in Sonos are disabled.  Have removed and re-added my Spotify account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

According to my iPhone S1 app, Spotify does not offer content filtering on Sonos. It says it is only available on Amazon, Apple, and YTM of my services.

My S2 app is the same.

Not sure how you managed to enable content filtering when it isn’t supposed to be supported. Maybe its a geo-thing? I am in the USA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Can you give an example of a Spotify track that is blocked from playback?

I only use the free version of Spotify, so I’m not sure if this may assist, but Spotify itself has explicit content filtering that can be toggled off/on within the Spotify App. I’m not sure however if that option then filters through to sonos, as I can’t see the playlists with my free version of the software.

Attached is a screenshot from my Spotify App though FWIW ..and it needs to be ‘ON’ for explicit content to show in the Spotify App. It also may take a while after setting the option for it to feed through to sonos, that’s if it does have any bearing on the Sonos/Spotify content.