Answered

Explicit songs from Spotify blocked.

• 4 December 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

@jmschles Sorry for the slow response to your Sonos Community question. I understand that you want to play explicit content from your Spotify music service on Sonos. Please follow the steps in this link for confirming your parental controls with Sonos. You describe the option as being grayed out.  Is your Spotify account a premium or free account? Also, as per the provided link above, have you confirmed that your Spotify account does not have its own parental control filters that need to be updated? Lastly, please use this link to remove the Spotify account and re-add the service to Sonos and let us know of the testing results. We will also want to see an updated diagnostic report so please use this link for submitting the report and reply with that report number as well.

Bump.  Having the same issue.

Assuming you have 'filter explicit content' set to 'disabled '  in the Sonos app then my only other suggestions are to delete your Spotify sccount from Sonos then re-add it as a service, and to reboot (power cycle) all your Sonos components. 

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’ve tried that in both the sonos and Spotify settings. Very frustrating. 

The  only thing I am aware of is Settings,  System, Parental Controls.  Have you tried that?

Did you solve this?

Have you tried to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Badge +1

I recently set up a Sonos system, and Spotify is the only service I’ve connected. I want to be able to play songs marked as “explicit” through Sonos, but they’re grayed out.

It seems like this has to either be a Spotify thing or a Sonos thing, but…

• I’ve never filtered explicit content in Spotify, but I checked my Spotify settings just in case, and “Allow explicit content” is indeed enabled
  • I found “Content Filters” in the Sonos settings, but “Filter Explicit Content” is grayed out and says “Not supported”

Any idea what might be going on? I haven’t found an answer on the forums yet. Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem. Have been using Sonos + Spotify for long time but haven’t experiences a problem liike this before.