down loading updates

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

when I try to down the updates it will not finish the download, 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 March 2024, 11:40

View original

4 replies

Are the players wired or wireless? Is there an error message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Owlhoots 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Are many people having issues updating.  I have a sub and a playbar that just won’t update.  Even technical support can’t solve the issue.  I’ve just plugged them all in after 18months, done factory reset, downloaded the latest Sonos App.  My play one work fine and the playbar does aswell through an optical cable to the tv but neither the platbar  or sub will update.  I never had any issues with the older app!  Anyone an idea?  Apparently sonos are sorting a fix but until then the sub is useless.  

I have tried to ‘update ‘ my Roam. My phone, my tablet won’t do the update and won’t let me use the device. My pc won't do the update but it will at least allow me to use the Roam.

I have spent hours on this now. I have deleted the App from my phone and reinstalled the App. I have gone through the process of reconnecting the Roam, which is Ok, but then when I come out and re-launch the app it says ‘join existing system’ which I select it then says ‘connected’ and when I click ‘Done’ it just goes to ‘Start Update’ it says checking for update then stops and says ‘error’.

The laptop connects to the Roam and plays music. If I check for updates though it says there is an error.

I have restarted my AP and nothing seems to have any effect. I am locked out of using the Sonos system.

additional: I have paired the Roam with my tablet which went ok until I tried to play music. The app. just goes to update and stays there.

It is just unusable!

Has there been an update to the App? Is this and Android App. problem?