Question

« Continue » button won’t work during TruePlay calibration.

Hello

I’m trying to calibrate my system but during the TruePlay procedure, I’m stuck at the second step right after rotating my phone… When it says to face the TV, I keep pressing the « continue » button but nothing happens ! It seems the app becomes unresponsive because I need to close it and restart it.

I’m on the latest version of iOS with an iPhone 14 Pro. 
My system is an ARC + 2 x ERA 300 + Sub.

Thank you

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'm getting stuck on the screen where the button says begin tuning. Can't tune Trueplay.

Hi 

I was able to continue the procedure today, I’m not stuck at the continue button anylonger. 

Unfortunately, the procedure crashes now at the ending of the second part of the calibration when I have to move around in the room. When it reaches the end and the sounds stop, the app is frozen and won’t complete the tuning. All I can do is to click on “cancel”.

Anyone with the same issue ? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, a lot of people are having the same issue. App hangs after second calibration… no fix yet.

Just writing here to say I have the same issue. Come on Sonos... Shame 

Same here, happy to know mine is not an isolated case 😄

Got my set delivered today (Arc + Sub Gen3 + 2x ERA 300). So set is brand new.
All works fine, but Trueplay does not. Steps I took:

• Reboot all speakers
  • Tried 3 different iOS devices (iPad Pro, iPad Mini and iPhone 13 Max
  • Rebooted network components, followed by all speakers
  • Rebooted i-devices, reinstalled Sonos app,etc.
  • All combinations of steps above

My conclusion is that Trueplay is broken. Only thing I haven’t tried yet is to break up the home cinema group and try Trueplay on a single Era 300, to see if that works with at least a single speaker.
Low hopes though, at this point.

I would expect a 2500+ euro setup to work with all functionality brand new out of the box. This needs to be fixed asap! I still have the option to return everything and switch to BlueSound if no outlook can be provided in this, but I would honestly rather not do that.

Small update: I tried Trueplay on a single Era 300. This works in Quick setup mode, but fails at the same exact point (Begin tuning button) when trying to use advanced setup. This is true for both Era 300s I have, but also if I try to run Trueplay on just the Arc + Sub combination (which seams to use the advanced method by default, as there is no selection possible between Quick/Advanced modes).

I also found out that my iPad Pro is not supported for using Trueplay, but on iPad mini of 5th generation it also fails at the exact same point. Funny thing that the quick mode does work on an unsupported iPad though with my Era 300s decoupled from the home theater setup.

I'm getting stuck on the screen where the button says begin tuning. Can't tune Trueplay.

I’m seeing the same on an iPad Pro trying to Trueplay a Ray + Sub Mini setup. Very frustrating!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Check out this thread 

Badge

I’m having same issue with Trueplay ‘freezing’ after you press to continue after rotating iPhone … this has only been a problem since updating to new app

It seems like it is working now. I was able to complete the calibration as the app says…
Though, I find it quite odd there is no way beside the last message of the procedure to see if it’s “ON”.
I don’t get why they would remove the slider since it can be usefull to check and hear in real time if the calibration makes a difference… Positive or negative.
I also think removing the volume number is not an improvement.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It seems like it is working now. I was able to complete the calibration as the app says…
Though, I find it quite odd there is no way beside the last message of the procedure to see if it’s “ON”.
I don’t get why they would remove the slider since it can be usefull to check and hear in real time if the calibration makes a difference… Positive or negative.
I also think removing the volume number is not an improvement.

It is another bug check this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers%2Dand%2Dmusic%2Dservices%2D229131/trueplay%2Dsimply%2Ddoes%2Dnot%2Dwork%2Din%2Dthe%2Dnew%2Dapp%2D6892178?tid=6892178

If you do not see the ON toggle than the trueplay is not actually applied. THe tuning completes but the results are never saved.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,
same problem here. I cannot trueplay tune my Playbase using an iPad 9. Gen.
The App soft locks after I press “Begin tuning”

I have no problems tuning my Five+Sub and 4 Play:1s with my iPad
AND

I have no problems tuning my Playbase when I borrow the iPhone 12 Mini from a friend.

So what’s wrong?

What did not help:

Reinstalling the App
Removing the sourrounds from the Playbase
Using WiFi instead of SonosNet
Restetting the Playbase to factory defaults

Same issue. Hoping for a solution (app fix) soon. When I choose Trueplay, button does nothing and I have to close the app after that. It detects my architectural speakers, but won't Trueplay after. Both zones do the same thing. Zone 1 is Arc, sub, amp & sonos inwalls and zone 2 is amp + sonos ceiling speakers.