Connection Lost to Google and Amazon

• 26 February 2020
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Badge

The Kitchen unit is the farthest from the wifi. The Living Room unit is in the same room as the Eero Gateway, and the Office unit is in the same room as the Beacon. Neither have obstructions. 

If the answer is that I need to update, and the problem is that I cannot update, then what can I do to fix this?

Try temporarily moving the errant speaker closer to your router, and connect it with an Ethernet cable? Once it’s updated, you can then remove the Ethernet cable, and move it back?

Badge

I connected the Kitchen unit to the router via Ethernet and still received an error code 30.

Diagnostics number: 568029462

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @ngin We’re back at square one. 

With update error 30 still in play we will need to keep the Kitchen player temporarily wired, all other Sonos products powered off (unplug both Office and Living Room)

Fully reboot both the Modem and the Eero 

and then with only Kitchen powered on and wired directly to the network start the update process one more time.

If possible, try this update from a different Sonos controller (a different phone tablet or computer)

Please let us know the results, I’m not seeing the “bad ethernet cable” flag in this recent diagnostic so keep it wired as is until the update gets completed.   

Badge

I contacted Arris and they don’t know of this issue. 

I am getting tired of this. What can you do to help me fix this?

Have you called in to Sonos support, so it’s not a disjointed back and forth in a forum?

Badge

I followed your steps. Update still failed with error 30. 
Diagnostics: 1150389559

And I was mistaken about the age of the Living Room and Office units. They are only 4 or so years old. 

Badge

Hi Jean,

I already reached out to Arris. I am simultaneously working with Sonos, Eero and Arris to figure out where the issue lies and everyone is point fingers at everyone else.

I can say definitively that Sonos is the only piece of the puzzle that I am having issues with. It’s specific to my Sonos speakers not being able to complete the latest updates, as well as loosing connection with the music/radio services. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I understand what you are saying @ngin, this very specific Sonos update error is very likely directly related to combination of your Eero and that particular Arris Surfboard. 

Upgrading the Arris firmware as the Eero support page suggests should resolve this issue. 

We would be unable to do anything about it since the Eero/Arris equipment combination is what allows or prevents your Sonos system access to both the update servers and the music services servers.

I’m not certain that Arris themselves would be aware of issues occurring downstream with third party equipment but they should be able to help you update the firmware on their modem.

Eero support should be better able to assist you since it is an issue between their routers and that specific Arris product and firmware version.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Thank you for verifying that for me, @ngin.

If your Surfboard and Eero are not in conflict, the only other source of the issue remains the Ethernet connection between Sonos and the router. 

I know that you changed the cable before but I’m still seeing a flag for a bad cable connection. 

At this point all I can suggest is to change the Ethernet cable,

Un-power your Arris modem and all of your Eero nodes

Unplug all of your Sonos speakers from power. 

Power you network back up starting with the Modem and then the Eero.  

Power the Sonos speaker wired to the router back on.

Try the update one more time. 

If the system still gives you error 30, please reach out to us by phone during the week so that we can assist you live with this. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @ngin,

Can  you take a look at your eero app and verify that eero isn’t pausing Sonos devices?

It seems that eero is still somehow blocking our connection to the update server, it’s possible that eero is doing this on it’s own.

Learn about un-pausing here:

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000231126-How-do-I-resume-internet-for-a-paused-device-  

Badge

I don’t believe that’s the issue. There was no pause, according to the help article.

I plugged in the Office unit (along with the Kitchen) and tried to play in the Office. The music didn’t even start to play. The error code said the “connection to Google Play Music was lost.”

Diagnostics: 333847510

Very very very frustrated.

Badge +1

This happens to me ALL the time. Inconsistent. But seems to be guaranteed when I have a party. When is Sonos going to fix this?Makes me want to sell it all!