Answered

Can't get Sonos Controller S1 running on MacBook Air/Ventura/M2

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi.  I just got a new MacBook Air with Ventura OS and M2 chip.  I migrated all apps including the S1 controller from my old MacBook.  The app started but I could not access my music library and it told me I needed to update.  Update attempts failed so I uninstalled the app, and now I cannot find an installation file to install S1 on Ventura.  Where can I find that file, and should I be able to get a “latest version” running on Ventura so I can use my Music Library again?

Thanks,

Greg

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 July 2023, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos doesn’t maintain ‘old’ versions, just the current versions of S1 and S2. 

Thanks Bruce.  I would be happy to install the latest S1 version again but I can’t find it anywhere.  In the Sonos downloads page it has S2 downloads only.  Fort S1 it says to download it from the Apple store, but there is nothing found there when I search for Sonos.

I’d like to be able to download the 11.7 S1 software for MacOS Ventura.  Where can I get that?

Greg

The place that Sonos has for downloading the current version of both S1 and S2 is here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

Note this is the US side, where I am. I’d assume that they would have slightly different URLs for each location, but based on your account name, you’re here in the US.