Answered

Can‘t add myTuner Radio stations to my Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can someone test and confirm that trying to add any station of myTuner Radio to my Sonos produces an error message?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 3 March 2024, 15:00

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can someone test and confirm that trying to add any station of myTuner Radio to my Sonos produces an error message?

Hi @Schlumpf I’ve just successfully added myTuner and played a radio station (LBC) without any error on my S2 system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Schlumpf I’ve just successfully added myTuner and played a radio station (LBC) without any error on my S2 system.

Sorry… I got the wrong words to describe it. 
Adding the service and playing stations works well. Just adding a station as a favorite to the „my Sonos“ section doesn’t work for me and other users in DE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It must be a local issue as I can add a radio station from myTuner to my favourites with no issue or error.

Mod edit:
It can happen that myTunerRadio radio stations cannot be added to My Sonos from the Now Playing screen or via the New Search. Thank you @Schlumpf for reporting this issue to us.

Workarounds:

• Find the station from myTuner Radio via the classic search and add it to the Sonos Favorites from there.
  • Add the station to the Sonos favorites via Browse > myTuner Radio > Find Stations.

We have already reported the problem to myTuner Radio in order to solve the problem. A time frame for a solution is currently not known.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Schlumpf I’ve just successfully added myTuner and played a radio station (LBC) without any error on my S2 system.

Adding the service and playing stations works well. Just adding a station as a favorite to the „my Sonos“ section doesn’t work for me and other users in DE. 

There is a size limit to the Favorites storage, used for “My Sonos” on mobile. I forget the value but its is in the range of 50 items. Can you share the actual error message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@controlav 

It‘s no limit issue as other favorites can be added. 
Error message looks like that…

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ug, what a generic error message that is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Ok, german Sonos support team was able to reproduce the issue and at the moment it seems a regional problem as @UKMedia supposed too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Update:

As a workarround any myTuner radio station from Sonos search section can be added to my Sonos favorites. Just adding from the playback screen results in an error.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I get the same problem here in the UK, so it's not just a German problem. Namely,  I can't add a station found using Sonos Search to the stations in “My Sonos". I am using the latest Android app.

I have the same problem in Italy. After the new version was installed mytuner's radio stations don't work selecting them from favorites. Error is "si è verificato un errore". They only work if selected from the "recommended list" of mytuner.  

Same here in Canada when trying to add a station from myTuner.

Same here in Canada when trying to add a station from myTuner.

Same here. TuneIn works so I assume it has something to do with the integration of myTuner. Same problem with Radio player. Sonos has a cooperation with TuneIn so of course they'll make sure it works with that service, right? 

Quite right, and the worst thing about TuneIn is an advert every time a station starts, which is OK if you are not planning to surf stations. But if you are trying different stations, MyTuner has no adverts and better seach features. 

Badge

Same issue here in Holland.