Answered

Can‘t add myTuner Radio stations to my Sonos

• 3 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can someone test and confirm that trying to add any station of myTuner Radio to my Sonos produces an error message?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 3 March 2024, 15:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can someone test and confirm that trying to add any station of myTuner Radio to my Sonos produces an error message?

Hi @Schlumpf I’ve just successfully added myTuner and played a radio station (LBC) without any error on my S2 system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Schlumpf I’ve just successfully added myTuner and played a radio station (LBC) without any error on my S2 system.

Sorry… I got the wrong words to describe it. 
Adding the service and playing stations works well. Just adding a station as a favorite to the „my Sonos“ section doesn’t work for me and other users in DE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It must be a local issue as I can add a radio station from myTuner to my favourites with no issue or error.

Mod edit:
It can happen that myTunerRadio radio stations cannot be added to My Sonos from the Now Playing screen or via the New Search. Thank you @Schlumpf for reporting this issue to us.

Workarounds:

• Find the station from myTuner Radio via the classic search and add it to the Sonos Favorites from there.
  • Add the station to the Sonos favorites via Browse > myTuner Radio > Find Stations.

We have already reported the problem to myTuner Radio in order to solve the problem. A time frame for a solution is currently not known.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Schlumpf I’ve just successfully added myTuner and played a radio station (LBC) without any error on my S2 system.

Adding the service and playing stations works well. Just adding a station as a favorite to the „my Sonos“ section doesn’t work for me and other users in DE. 

There is a size limit to the Favorites storage, used for “My Sonos” on mobile. I forget the value but its is in the range of 50 items. Can you share the actual error message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@controlav 

It‘s no limit issue as other favorites can be added. 
Error message looks like that…

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ug, what a generic error message that is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ok, german Sonos support team was able to reproduce the issue and at the moment it seems a regional problem as @UKMedia supposed too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Update:

As a workarround any myTuner radio station from Sonos search section can be added to my Sonos favorites. Just adding from the playback screen results in an error.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I get the same problem here in the UK, so it's not just a German problem. Namely,  I can't add a station found using Sonos Search to the stations in “My Sonos". I am using the latest Android app.