Answered

Can't add Apple Music on Android Sonos app

Userlevel 1

In the Android app, when I try to add my existing Apple Music subscription.

I hit the :

“I’m already a member” button

And then I get 1 second of spinner. But then I get a white screen forever:

Forever white

And AFAIS I can only add Apple Music via the Sonos app on the phone. I have no iOS device. I own a mac and Android devices.
I’d have plenty of Linux devices.. But I guess those are anyway not being supported by Sonos (which is kinda sucks to be honest).

So

icon

Best answer by James L. 20 December 2021, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

105 replies

Exactly the point.  The end user has far more leverage than Sonos.  Which is why the advice given in this thread is to contact Apple directly, since they are where the problem lies. 

Or vote with your wallet :joy:

Which is always the best option.

Userlevel 1

I initiated a chat with sonos today on the status, and it was no help. Sonos blamed it on Apple, while Apple had previously blamed it on Apple. I asked about target date, and was told it was Sonos was waiting for Apple. So I asked if they had a plan to follow up with Apple. My question as to how frequently they check in on Apple wasn’t answered.

As a result, my upgrade credits remain unused and my gift recommendations for andriod users have moved off of sonos. It’s really a shame, as Sonos pleases my ears. But there are two labels that only Apple carries in CD quality, and those labels are the reason I am sticking with Apple Music 

It’s unacceptable that Sonos can not meet the needs of Android based customers subscribing to one of the best streaming services on the planet

Sonos blames Apple.  Apple blames Apple.  Solution?  Boycott Sonos!!!!  :rolling_eyes:

Any news? This bug is unacceptable. Sonos cannot simply say “Yeah, we know” and at the same time have Apple Music marked “Operational”, at https://status.sonos.com/. Dishonest and unprofessional. 

We need a compensation for such disservice.

In the Android app, when I try to add my existing Apple Music subscription.

I hit the :

“I’m already a member” button

And then I get 1 second of spinner. But then I get a white screen forever:

Forever white

And AFAIS I can only add Apple Music via the Sonos app on the phone. I have no iOS device. I own a mac and Android devices.
I’d have plenty of Linux devices.. But I guess those are anyway not being supported by Sonos (which is kinda sucks to be honest).

So

I have had the same issue. After being on the phone with Apple for an hour they said it was on the Sonos end. Meanwhile I am paying a monthly subscription for a service I cannot play on any of my speakers. PLEASE address this

I have had the same issue. After being on the phone with Apple for an hour they said it was on the Sonos end. Meanwhile I am paying a monthly subscription for a service I cannot play on any of my speakers. PLEASE address this or please direct me to a Speaker system that works.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It’s possible that neither Sonos nor Apple is technically lying to us - maybe they just disagree about whose issue it is to solve. For example maybe Apple upgraded their security and told Sonos they would be required to change their access method (much like Sonos tells us customers we have to upgrade once in a while or lose functionality). But maybe Sonos doesn’t want to go to the effort of changing their software substantially at the moment, and feels that Apple made that change unnecessarily and should do something to fix the problem that they created. That leaves us Sonos+Apple customers stuck in the middle with both companies pointing the finger at the other.

It’s just a shame that neither company can be bothered to tell us what the problem actually is, or why they have chosen not to do anything about it.

And I agree that it’s not right for Sonos to go on offering to link Apple Music on Android when they know that it’s not working. They should immediately remove that feature until it works again (if ever), or at least put in an error message like “Function currently unavailable. Check (link) for further information.”

Badge

This outgoing issue steps over the line of unlawful advertising. Sonos advertise his products as compatible with iTunes, however they have an ongoing issue that fails to deliver the advertised. I wonder if there is any way for us users to get a compensation based on this misleading advertising...

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is this supposed to mean?  The OP is having trouble adding Apple Music to Sonos on an Android device.  Which has less than nothing to do with frigging iTunes.

Read properly… I have mentioned "Sonos misleading advertising"! not iTunes. 

This outgoing issue steps over the line of unlawful advertising. Sonos advertise his products as compatible with iTunes, however they have an ongoing issue that fails to deliver the advertised. I wonder if there is any way for us users to get a compensation based on this misleading advertising...

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is this supposed to mean?  The OP is having trouble adding Apple Music to Sonos on an Android device.  Which has less than nothing to do with frigging iTunes.

Read properly… I have mentioned "Sonos misleading advertising"! not iTunes. 

Uhhhh, you most certainly did mention iTunes.  Specifically - “Sonos advertise his products as compatible with iTunes, . . .”.

See the bolded above. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

hi, for the ones that have tried the workaround of reauthorizing from an Apple device, I don’t have one but my daughter has an iPhone. she’s very wary of logging out from her account in the iPhone so I can login (there’s no way to separately login directly in the S2 app without actually log in the iPhone, right?). What will actually happen if I log her out? Will she lose any data/apps? will everything be as it was when she logs back in? Thanks

hi, for the ones that have tried the workaround of reauthorizing from an Apple device, I don’t have one but my daughter has an iPhone. she’s very wary of logging out from her account in the iPhone so I can login (there’s no way to separately login directly in the S2 app without actually log in the iPhone, right?). What will actually happen if I log her out? Will she lose any data/apps? will everything be as it was when she logs back in? Thanks

She won’t lose anything.  Any locally stored music will not be able to play when you log in, but that will go back to normal once she logs back in. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

She won’t lose anything.  Any locally stored music will not be able to play when you log in, but that will go back to normal once she logs back in. 

Thanks. I have just done it and it worked. No need to log out from the iphone completely, just from Media/content and then log in with the apple music ID you want to reauthorize. Sorry if the question was too obvious but I’m not really familiar with iOS… this situation is really bad though, hoping for a quick fix. It’s not giving me a lot of hope to see the promised HighRes/Atmos support for Apple Music if the 2 companies cannot agree to fix such a serious issue for months. I manage all my library (offline) with iTunes/Apple Music , the only thing that’s keeping me to switch services to be honest… can’t avoid to get the feeling that for apple the Android/Sonos integration is just an afterthought :(

I think one of the challenges is that the issue is an Apple bug that needs to be fixed, and they don’t perceive as much urgency to fix it as Sonos customers would like. I assume that Sonos has already investigated potential work around in their system to ‘fix’ the issue, but has been unsuccessful in doing so, and must wait for Apple to fix the problems. And given that so many Sonos customers use Apple Music as a source, Sonos is unwilling to publicly blame a partner. This unfortunately leads to many taking the assumption that it is a Sonos bug, and that Sonos is unwilling to expend any effort to fix it. 

This is, of course conjecture on my part, I’m neither an Apple or Sonos employee, but it does fit the business cases as I comprehend them. And we are rather unlikely, I would expect, to get confirmation from either company.

Im in Australia and tried to do a chat with apple - would not accept my phone number as being valid no matter what combination of country code, area code I gave it!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I finally gave up on waiting for this to be fixed and canceled my Apple Music subscription,

Even that was difficult. When I selected “Manage Subscription” in Apple Music on Android, I got … you guessed it … spinning circle and then blank white screen.

So I fired up Apple Music in my PC web browser, did the same thing, and got “New 2FA required, please select: code texted to your registered mobile number, or code obtained from your trusted Apple device”. Uh, what? I no longer have either the phone or the ancient iPad I had when I created my years-old Apple account. I certainly did not need to do this when I re-started my Apple Music subscription 2 months ago! No solution is offered other than “phone Apple support”. As a last resort I went back to Android and tried the Apple Music app again - and this time the subscription page opened and I was able to cancel.

Needless to say, I won’t be trying Apple Music again soon!

Can't believe it, received my first sonos product yesterday, a beam gen 2 and thought today I'd treat myself to a streaming service, after looking around decided to go for apple music as they could offer me 3 months free (would have preferred amazon but no 3 months offer for me).

Set everything up came onto sonos app tried adding my account but was just seeing a white screen??, decided to Google and came across all these issues everyone else is experiencing, I literally cannot believe it, how hard would it have been to put a message in the app saying they are experiencing an issue with setting up on android devices currently?.

I only use android phone and tablet so am stuck with a subscription I can do nothing with, what am I going to do, listen to music through my phone speaker lol.

Please hurry up and fix this, thanks. 

Can't believe it, received my first sonos product yesterday, a beam gen 2 and thought today I'd treat myself to a streaming service, after looking around decided to go for apple music as they could offer me 3 months free (would have preferred amazon but no 3 months offer for me).

Set everything up came onto sonos app tried adding my account but was just seeing a white screen??, decided to Google and came across all these issues everyone else is experiencing, I literally cannot believe it, how hard would it have been to put a message in the app saying they are experiencing an issue with setting up on android devices currently?.

I only use android phone and tablet so am stuck with a subscription I can do nothing with, what am I going to do, listen to music through my phone speaker lol.

Please hurry up and fix this, thanks. 

You can perhaps cancel your free Apple Music subscription and switch to this (3-months free) link for Amazon Music HD/UltraHD Unlimited service instead…it appears to be cheaper too in the longer term.

www.amazon.com/music/unlimited

Maybe use both …and decide which service you prefer in 3 months time.

Thanks for the reply, just realised my lg TV has an apple music app so can still listen to music through the beam that way, it actually sounds OK, will do until hopefully it's fixed. 

until hopefully it's fixed. 

by Apple.

Sonos - sort this out - it’s been going on for months now.

I, along with many on this thread have expensive Sonos speakers and an Apple Account that are currently redundant. And all you can say is ‘we’re aware of the problem...and then tell me to use an iPhone’. Why you think I have an Andriod and an IPhone is anyone’s guess!!  

Hello,

I hope i will announce you some good news because I Had exactly the same issue with sonos and Apple music and now, it seems to work For me with the 13.4.1 version.

I also reset my mobile for other reason last week, so maybe the issue has been fixed by this reset factory, I don't really know. But surely by one of these operations

Sonos - sort this out - it’s been going on for months now.

I, along with many on this thread have expensive Sonos speakers and an Apple Account that are currently redundant. And all you can say is ‘we’re aware of the problem...and then tell me to use an iPhone’. Why you think I have an Andriod and an IPhone is anyone’s guess!!  

Considering some have downloaded a beta version of Apple Music for Android and successfully loaded it to Sonos without any update to the Sonos app, we can pretty much rule out this being a problem with Sonos.

Good news, it has worked for me, been checking everyday and have now logged in and everything working, nice one. 

I just now have been able to re-authorize my Apple Account on Sonos.  :grinning:

That certainly suggests Apple finally fixed their bug.