Skip to main content

Best solution for wall or stand controller?

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I'd like to have a controller in the kitchen that guests can use to control the music and that shows now playing info.  Either on the wall or on a stand.  I understand that Sonos doesn't make anything like this. Has anyone else come up with a solution that they like and could share?  

I saw that the new Google pixel tablet has a docking station so that might be an option but don't know much about it. 

Thanks for any suggestions.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You could install a Smart Control switch like this that supports Sonos:

https://www.brilliant.tech/products/brilliant-control-single-switch-smart-lighting-smart-home-control?

Or just use an old iPad on a stand with the Sonos app installed.

Badge +1

I read a little about Brilliant.   I think I'm going to try it with an iPad and also with the new Pixel tablet and see how they do.  

Has anyone else come up with a solution that they like and could share?  

For ages I’ve had a Nexus 5X (purchased second-hand) in a stand/cradle, stripped down to only a few apps. It’s mostly for display purposes, as I tend to use IKEA remotes and Sonos Voice for control. 

To protect the battery it’s only USB-powered when actually required. Tasker takes care of turning the display on and off automatically.