Skip to main content

Authorising Apple Music account

I’m trying to connect my Apple Music account to my Era 300 stereo speakers, and all I’m getting is a spooling circle when Authorising Apple Music account.  I’ve been trying for days, I have an iphone 14pro, all software on my Sonos app and phone is up to date.  My husband connect his account fine, and I connected mine on initial install, but had to do a factory reset on the speakers to set up as stereo and now all I’m getting is the wheel of doom.

Can anyone help because it’s really frustrating. 

17 replies

After the update I was unable reauthenticate my Apple Music on the new Sonos App so I removed Apple Music from Sonos. I tried adding back Apple Music service to app and now get a message that says “Something went wrong check your internet connection and try again”. Tried deleting app and redownloading, restart my Wifi but still no luck. I can no longer use my Sonos to stream on the app. PLEASE HELP!

What Happened? My Music Library is gone and Apple Music will not reauthorize on the new App?

This is terrible no one is answering the phone or live chat. Sonos was Great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @vince4nelli, @Cat123 & @VejiganteNY 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve all had with adding Apple Music to your systems.

I’ve combined your topics into one as you were all reporting the same issue.

We’ve been unable to recreate this issue in our testing with our Apple Music test account. Could you therefore please share your Apple IDs? - please don’t post them here in a public place, however! Direct Message me with the details (click on my face to the left here, then Send Message) and I’ll pass them on to an engineer colleague for further investigation. Thanks!

Before doing so, however, I recommend that you all try signing out of your Sonos accounts in the Sonos app, exiting the app, then opening it and signing back in again. Try adding Apple Music again once done.

I look forward to hopefully providing you all with a solution, if the above does not help.

cannot reauthorize apple music… circle just spins and spins

Before attempting to add Apple Music, check for updates in the Sonos app.  This will refresh your account information in the Sonos app, which could possibly be the source of the problem.  No promises, though.

My problem specifically is that I can’t even add Apple Music service. Says something went wrong check my internet connection which I have done and still no luck. 

i ended up deleting from sonos. close app, add apple music back

Tried that but when I press the add I get the something went wrong error each single time. 

I haven’t been able to re-add Apple Music for several days now, having attempted every version of logging out/in, closing/opening, un-installing/re-installing, etc.

Wondering if deleting my account and creating a new one will resolve the issue. 

Same problem here too. Used to be able to use Apple Music and Tidal, but now can't add either (neither listed as a content service provider). Can you help?

Same here. This is beyond frustrating with as much money as we have invested in Sonos and it’s not even usable now.

Before attempting to add Apple Music, check for updates in the Sonos app.  This will refresh your account information in the Sonos app, which could possibly be the source of the problem.  No promises, though.

Corry, count me in on this. How can I help get this fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @YoungMD 

Thank you! The engineer I was reporting this to has been off a few days. I will try to find out if he still needs more details and get back in touch with you if he does. 

Hi @YoungMD 

Thank you! The engineer I was reporting this to has been off a few days. I will try to find out if he still needs more details and get back in touch with you if he does. 

Hi Corry, 

I can save you some time. It’s a problem with iOS 18 (beta) involving an API on the Apple Music side. Sonos will have to update their app prior to iOS 18 being released.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @YoungMD 

Thanks - I’ll pass that along too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cat123 et al

We are still unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing, and cannot find any tell-tale patterns of issue with the IDs we have been helpfully given.

As a result, it seems each case must be dealt with individually - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and will guide you through troubleshooting steps.

Please note that, as @YoungMD mentioned, beta versions of iOS are not supported and may result in unwanted behaviours. If you are using a beta version of iOS, we cannot help.

I hope this helps.